fourty-two: *mr.krab's world's smallest violin sad piece plays*

"Say ahh~" Dasom sings and Jaemin happily obliges- chomping the spoonful of soft rice like a jolly child.
"You seem energetic for someone sick."

  Jaemin emits a sickly chuckle. "How can I not when you're feeding me."

  Som scoffs and prepares another spoonful of savory rice. "You shouldn't have stayed up so late to finish the papers. Mark already said that you could get it done by next week."

  "Wah~ Am I the boss or are you the boss?" Nana jokes. "It's fine. If I had the chance to do it all over again, I would still do it just so I'll get taken care of like this."

The girl curls up. "I think the heat's getting to your head, you're acting drunk."

  Jaemin whines and flaps his legs in protest from under the covers at her no accepting his cheesy advances. "Dasom~ I like you~"

  She chuckles at his childishness. "I like you too."

  He freezes. "...What?"

  "I like you too," the girl repeats casually and she tilts her head in confusion at his frozen reaction. "Why? What's wrong?"

  Jaemin stares at her, speechless and unmoving while his pretty eyes fix on hers. Unlike him, whose heart is banging on its cage like it's trying to break down a door, Dasom looks completely fine and unaware of what she's said.

  "In what way?"

  Dasom furrows slightly at his question. What way...? What does he mean?

  "I like you just like how I like the rest. I like all~ of you," she obliviously answers and grins cheekily, deaf towards the sound of a shattering heart.

  Nana exhales through his nose with a smile before patting her head. "Yeah, we like you too."

  The two stay that way, just looking at each other for a moment until he realises.

  "I'M SICK! AH! I shouldn't have held you! Wash your head! Oh no! You're gonna get sick too! You have to hurry out! Hurry, hurry!" Jaemin quickly retracts his hand and starts hastily ushering Dasom out, making her leave the porridge on his bedside table.
"I don't want you to catch a cold."

  She turns to him the moment she leaves the room and sees him standing at the door with his face literally looking like an emoji; 🥺.
"No, I won't. I'm supposed to take care of—"

  His 🥺 turns deeper.

  "Jaemin, I—"

  "🥺"

  "..."

  ".....🥺"

  "Oh, fine! You and your—" She makes a gesture as if to mimic squishing his face before sighing in defeat and chuckling under breath. "Okay, fine. Make sure to finish the food, okay? Get well soon, Na Jaemin."

  Jaemin finally grins and he nods before using his hand to motion for her to walk away and only once she's completely out of sight, he closes the door and leans against it.

  "I like you just like how I like the rest. I like all~ of you."

  His eyes shut. She must've not understood what my 'like' is.

  "Oh? Finished already?" Donghyuck asks when he sees her walking down the stairs.

  Dasom shakes her head. "He'll handle the rest. Anyways, what you making?"

  She joins him at the bar and he shows off his barista skills- but with hot chocolate.

  "Hot chocolate. You want one?" He offers and starts dropping the marshmallows into the drink and she leans in closer, wanting to see them float.

  "Cute. They're made into little shapes," she comments, unaware of Hyuck who's flustered at her sudden proximity. If she leans in a bit more, her ear would press against his chest and she'll discover everything.

  She smells nice... he thinks as he catches a whiff of her fruity berry shampoo. He quickly shakes his head.
"So, uh, what'd you guys talk about upstairs?"

  Dasom shrugs and moves away to grab a mug of her own. "Nothing much. I got angry at him for overworking and he was acting extra cheesy and affectionate today- saying stuff like he likes me."

  She giggles at the last part, a completely different reaction from Donghyuck who whips his head at her wide eyes. But her back is facing him instead since she's making tea using the opposite counter.

  "...What did you say?" Hyuck asks slowly.

  Som stirs her drink. "Of course, I said I like him too."

  He unintentionally drops his spoon into his beverage, making droplets of it to jump out. "You... what?"