twenty-five: ONE BED TRO- ahem, apologies

Beep beep!

The digital clock on Jeno's bedside table chimes when the time strikes 12am.

He turns in his comfy bed to bury himself deeper under his warm, weighted blanket as his air-conditioner chills the room.

His room is silent, atmosphere peaceful and comforting despite the chamber's pitch black darkness. Jeno's never been fond of lights.

Knock, knock.

A rumble emits from his throat.

Knock, knock.

A shake of the head.

Knock, knock, knock.

Heavy eyes blink.

The eyesmile prince finally awakes.

With a groggy walk and swinging arms, he opens the door to reveal their lone girl roommate.

"Dasom?" He rasps out while rubbing his eye. "What's... what's going on?"

His words drag from the sleep but can still manage to notice the blanket and pillow she hugs tightly.

"I couldn't sleep," is all she says and he instantly steps aside for her.

"Take the bed. I'll take the couch," Jeno offers but is held back by a hand.

The slight tremble from her is caught and he looks at her hold that wraps around the tips of his fingers.

"I'll take the couch," Dasom insists and makes a run for the furniture opposite the bed before he can refute.

And he doesn't.

Minutes turn to an hour and Jeno's sheets shift slightly when he slowly slides off his mattress to check on Som.

A small night light now brightens the room for her comfort and he can see her in the dim glow.

  Her expression is of serenity and her chest heaves in a slow, steady rhythm.

  She's asleep, Jeno thinks with relief before bending his form and cautiously slipping his arms underneath her figure to lift her up.

  He easily carries her and starts taking small, careful steps to the bed to drop her off so she'll continue her slumber on the soft, fluffy mattress instead.

  The only problem is, she was never asleep in the first place.

Breatheinbreatheoutbreatheinbreatheoutbreathe—

"So warm," Jeno mutters below his breath and his embrace around her tightens to bring her closer to his chest. His fragrant body scent occupies her nose that's now touching his hard torso and her face is painted into red within a blink.

  Is this a man's scent? She gulps and feels herself getting nicely hypnotized by it. Are these what they call... pheromones? Should I start howling? I wanna howl.

  Jeno neatly puts her on his bed and the moment it touches her, she rolls to the very end, bringing herself away from temptation.

  The gentleman blinks fast with confusion at her odd sleeping habit and is just about to leave when she suddenly speaks.

  "Will you stay with me?"

  Jeno's eyes go wide and he looks at her with a look of surprise. "Wha... I-I have to go to the couch."

  "Don't. It makes me feel bad. This is your room after all... Please?" And she slyly flashes her doe eyes that sends an unspoken sorcery that sends him to his knees.

  Not a second later, they're lying back-to-back but none sleeping with their heartbeats faster than light itself.

  Jeno's head is noisy with intrusive thoughts and he squeezes his eyes shut to keep them quiet but the sound of her soft snores does the work.

  She's asleep. Actually asleep this time- and that's enough for him to relax, allowing his body to loosen and setting his mind free.

-

  "Hyung!! Jeno hyung! It's time for break—" Chenle stops midway from opening Jeno's door when he sees the older slumbering soundly on his bed, spooning a soothed Dasom who's curled close against his chest.

  His chin rests on her head and her hands tightly grip on his shirt as if clutching on a teddy bear- both clearly in perfect contentment from the way their legs tangle onto one another.