eleven: an unintended rival

Dasom vigorously types on her keyboard- passionate and swift with every click.

Now that she's worked for a while, she has finally been given 'real' assignments to complete and due to her determination to not shame the name of her friends aka. the CEO and other heads of the company from being called bias as well as protect her reputation from being called an a$$-kisser, she's fixed on giving her best.

"Hey, Dasom," a neighbouring young, agreeably attractive colleague approaches from his desk.
"I was wondering if you would like to have lunch with me today. I've gotten to know the others plenty but not much of you since you're always zooming out before I could stop you."

Dasom smiles politely, fingers resting lightly on her keyboard.
"Oh, I'm so sorry about that but sure! It would be nice to get to know each other. Any plans on where we're going?"

"I was thinking of the cafe across the street, if it's alright with you?"

"It is. See you later!"

He nods and they part ways- back to doing their own assignments.

-

Dasom waits patiently outside their office building. Juni, her lunch date abruptly had a minor setback with his team leader.

She stares at her shadow, making a half-heart with her fingers when another hand completes it.

She turns, smile appearing. "Jaemin! What are you still doing here? Usually you guys would be at the restaurant by now."

"I had some stuff to do. And you? What are you doing out here, standing under the hot sun?"

"I'm waiting for a friend- colleague, friend, I don't know. The point is, I'm having lunch with him," Dasom explains and his brow arches, smile falling.

"Him? Juni Lee?"

The girl nods. "Exactly! How'd you know?"

"He's famous among the women and infamous among the men," Jaemin chuckles but is slightly restrained.
"You're having lunch with him- alone?"

Dasom nods chirpily, clearly unaware of Jaemin's subtle interrogation.
"He's gotten to know all the members of our section well enough except for me. He said he couldn't reach me because I kept going out for lunch, thanks to a certain group."

She clears her throat and glances at him conspicuously, intentional to which Jaemin warmly laughs at, amused.

"Alright. Just don't replace us with him," he jests only partly and pats her head before leaving.

Dasom shakes her head and just short minutes after, Juni runs to her busily, frantic and quickly apologizes for the delay.

"Just to completely seal the apology, I'll pay for your meal today no matter how big the amount is. So, choose whatever you want," Juni offers chivalrously once they are seated at the cafe and given menus.

The girl scoffs- but not of disdain and her endearing smile shows that.

She skims through the variety of food and drinks. Despite being a cafe, it sure is pricey.

"I'll get the iced lemon and pasta," Dasom says and Juni nods.

"Which pasta?"

"I don't know, actually... It's so hard to choose," she lets out an airy, uncertain chuckle. There were many types of pasta- some spicy and sour, some sweet, some meaty and some leafy.

Juni nods in understanding and calls for the waiter. "Hi, can I have this, two ice lemon drinks and the finest pasta you have."

"The finest?" The waiter repeats, confused. "That would be the chef's suggestion thus, the most expensive."

"One of that then," Juni bravely insists and Som looks at him with brows raised in surprise but his smiling eyes assure her of his decision.

She grins inconspicuously as she shuts the menu. No wonder he's so famous.