Part 3

He heard the girl yawn awake, her eyes frantically looking around the room. Her hands searched wildly for the white-haired boy's presence. "Lincoln?"

"Down here." He was on two couch cushions under his cover on his phone.

Looking from his device, "You did tell your dad that you were staying over right?" He asked her, sitting up.

"Why are you down there?" Her heart rose into her chest, did yesterday never happen? To think such thoughts and wish for their inability to be proven wrong.

What a cruel world we live in.

"I gave you the bed and I got the floor." Lincoln folded his covers and slid them in an empty drawer.

He stacked the cushions ready to place them back where they belong.

"So what did we do yesterday?"

"We studied and then you got tired so we stopped. Why?" He knew the reason. Doesn't mean he had to acknowledge it.

"Oh, I did tell my dad. What time is it?" She asked, the window showed that the sun wasn't even up yet. School started at nine, he lived an eight minutes walk from the school, nothing too big.

"It's 6:50, sorry if you were woken up. My sisters are getting ready for elementary school."

"I am about to wash my clothes, do you want me to wash yours? If you need some clothes to go shower you can get them from my drawer."

He didn't pay her any attention and took a seat at the desk. "We finished it all...that's good."

"Which drawer?" She wasn't uncomfortable with her current situation.

His room was comforting and Lincoln tried nothing while she slept. The only time he woke her up was when he stubbed his toe on the bed frame going to the restroom.

He looked down at the girl on her knees looking up at him, at another time, he would've blushed and stuttered.

A crush is an infatuation. A short term love.

It didn't mean anything to him in the long run, he'll not remember her face in five years if they stop talking.

He stared for a while thinking. "The drawer right in front of you." He pointed and watched her look away in embarrassment.

In the dark, with her face barely seen she did look rather pretty. A hidden beauty.

He already washed, he just didn't bother changing his clothes for a school that he didn't need to get ready for, for the next couple of hours. "Thanks." She picked up a pair of shorts and a t-shirt grey in color.

He really didn't have many colorful clothes, the only other color that wasn't grey, white, or a creamy tan was orange.

His orange collared shirts.

His outfit was lying in the desk beside his laptop. Grey khaki shorts, and a white collared shirt.

Lincoln smiled to himself finding the coincidence funny, who'd have thought?

What were the chances?

"Where is the bathroom?" She asked standing at the door, only Lana, Lola, and his dad.

The twins were already out the shower and downstairs in the kitchen eating something.

"Straight ahead." Their halls were grey with little stains, even with this amount of people, the hallways she noticed were always clean.

From what Jordan was told, his mother grew strict after his sisters got into a fight and nearly crushed Lily.

The door creaked when she opened it, it was the same size as Lincoln's room. 10 feet by 8 feet. They didn't have a rub only a shower. The water would pour down instead of shooting from the front. She looked up noticing that the shower was installed inside the ceiling