"All yours, bro," Lana said.

As Lincoln went upstairs, Rita called, "Lincoln!"

Lincoln stopped and slowly looked over his shoulder.

"We know you're upset with your father and me, which is why you're saying these things to us, but please try to understand. We're still your parents, and we love you all, " Rita glanced at all the daughters before turning back to her son, "You know that, right?"

At that moment, Lincoln saw it all. He saw the bad luck incident. He saw his parents completely disregard his safety and well-being for their own good fortune. He saw his room reduced to nearly nothing. He saw his family forcing him to wear that stupid squirrel costume for good luck. He saw the alternate path where he warns them of this by showing his powers, only for them to use him to get rich and make their lives better and not his. He remembered all the horrible things they all did and said to him.

A cold chill ran through his body, and a deep feeling of dread filled the hole in his chest with utter hopelessness. The worst feeling, though, was the unloved feeling. If they truly loved him, why would they do these horrible things to him in the future? Why are they capable of doing these things to him? Lincoln's eyes began to water.

Before the tears escaped his eyes, he muttered, "Yeah, sure."

As he walked up the stairs and down the hall, the tears broke through and escaped his eyes as they streamed down his face. He could hear his older sisters continue to argue with their parents. Lincoln locked himself in the bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror. He remembered how he used to be a happy kid – always had his smile on. Now he looks like he worked for the Peace Core and saw thousands upon thousands of dead people in a war zone.

The hot water hid his tears as he cleaned himself up. When he was finished, he made a beeline to his bedroom and lay in his bed – he didn't notice that the arguing was finally over. Lincoln lay in bed with the door closed. He summoned a light orb to show him the possibility of the future changed – it did slightly. Now it's both Leni and Lana defending Lincoln from the rest of the family.

'Now Lana's on my side too, but only because I saved her life? Meaning she and Leni wouldn't have been if I didn't save their lives. So . . . I still have to prove myself to them. Why is me being their brother and son not good enough for them?' Lincoln thought.

Lincoln rolled on his side.

'I had to kill two alligators to win Lana's love? What do I have to do for the rest of them? Why is everything like this? Why does this future have to happen to me? Why can't they just love me the way I am?' Lincoln thought.

He closed his eyes and began to sob softly. Then his door knocked, and in came his sisters. However, he couldn't stop crying.

Lynn started, "Well, we talked to Mom and Dad and their behavior and—Lincoln?"

Lincoln's tears streamed down his face. He tried not to make too much noise, but they heard him anyway. Lynn pulled the blanket off to see her little brother. As soon as they saw their brother's tears, their hearts sank.

"Oh, Lincoln," Lynn breathed.

Lynn lay in bed and wrapped her arms around him from behind, holding him close – resting her chin on his head. Leni lay in bed as well, hugging him from the front as she kissed and gently nuzzled his head. Lynn rubbed Lincoln's arm and shoulder.

"Lincoln, it'll be okay," Lynn promised.

She nuzzled his head with kisses.

Lori sat at the foot of the bed with a sad look, "It's over, Lincoln. This terrible day is over. You don't have to worry. Lana's safe and sound."