II

"It's been four years now since I've wondered through your place."
︵︵︵︵

I remember when we first met. Young and broke, well at least I was, university students. I worked multiple jobs trying to rent out an apartment until I met you.

Your kind, soft, dark alluring eyes. I'll never forget them Jay. You walked into the bar late at night, tears streamed down your face and your eyes lifeless. You were the only person in the pub that night along with me.

I thought you were too drunken to notice we were in the same major, well somewhat similar majors. You in performing arts whereas I in creative arts. That night, I fell for you. That night I saw a raw, true human being who didn't shy away from their pain and blindly trusted a stranger with their heart's burden.

"I lost her. My girlfriend of two years. She was with me ever since I started university, and now in my final year she left me. Never gave a reason. Just after I returned from campus, I entered my apartment to realise the warmth it held gone. Only a letter on the table." Your pained voice rung in my head. The way I could see your heart shattering through your eyes and your soul leaving your body then and there.

"She was beautiful. A real angel. She had the talent of one too. I wish you knew her so you could understand her demeanour." You said to me solemnly, as I placed my hand atop yours, interlocking our fingers.

"I wish I knew her too." I said to you in response. Only I did know her. But I chose to keep it a secret. For she was the university's best student: so yes, I knew of her assets.

I cradled you in my embrace as you sobbed uncontrollably. You told me of all your plans to eventually marry her after you graduated and how you would take care of her. You did have generational wealth after all.

I hoped you would recognise me in university the day after, but I doubted it due to your drunken state. I didn't fancy you at the time, in fact it was the first time I ever spoke to you. I only saw you in uni, I never approached you or spoke to you. Your story intrigued me deeply.

The next day I saw you. First thing in the morning.

"Hey... it's you." Your voice spoke softly as you approached me slowly.

"I don't think we've ever spoke here before but if I remember correctly, you were at the bar yesterday comforting me. Right?"

"Indeed I was. Nice to see you again. How are you feeling now?" I rubbed your arm gently. You gave me a beautiful, big smile.

"Thank you. Really. Immensely. I never got your name, I wanna be closer to you." You uttered.

"The name's Jihye. But you can call me Jordan if you want." I said to you, a rosy tint appearing on my face.

"I must invite you over to my house. As a thank you, I wanna cook you a meal. I am quite the chef, y'know?" You spoke confidently, as I let out a chuckle.

"I would love that. Thank you, Jay."