[ N I N E T E E N ]

Start from the beginning

Now only the best ten drivers of the grid will challenge each other for the pole position tomorrow and pole in Monaco usually means you have the greatest chance of winning. Except you crash or something else happens.

Daisy's fingers are crossed for Max, even though Checo's pace also looks promising. She just hopes that he will be either first or second because else he might be in a bad mood. The cars chase each other around the street circuit, not with the thought of racing, overtaking or winning but just nailing the lap a bit more than the others.

When both of the Ferraris are in front Daisy can hear some people groaning, not wanting to be behind the prancing horse. Checo is in third and Max in fourth place and Daisy knows that his mimic is stern right now, not happy with that position in any way.

The time is almost over when the last fast laps start and Daisy can't stop her leg from bouncing up and down, trying to get rid of her nervous feeling. Max's first interval looks great and since both Ferraris don't seem to become faster this could be Max's chance. Daisy's heart beats faster, hoping for him to get a great time when yellow flags show up.

"No..." Daisy mutters to herself knowing this will be the end of qualifying. When the TV shows that Checo has spun the groans in the garage are louder and Daisy can really feel the disappointment in the room. When the replay comes up Daisy frowns.

"That looked strange." She mumbles more to herself, but Claire seems to have picked up her words, nevertheless.

"Hm? What do you mean?" The other intern asks, and Daisy hesitates for a moment, not sure if she should say what she thought.

"The crash looked weird, like Checo misjudged the turn on purpose." Daisy tries to explain, but quickly, keeps speaking when Claire lifts an eyebrow in a questioning manner.

"But I am not that deep into the sport yet, so it's probably my inexperience." She probably just thinks the crash looked weird because she isn't that experienced with the sport yet. There might be a good explanation what happened. Maybe the track was slippery?

"Probably." Claire just says and sounds really bored by what just happened, so Daisy doesn't say anything else. It is Vicky who cuts the silence between them.

"Daisy? Come over we need to have a quick chat before the interviews." Daisy stands up quickly and follows Vicky a few steps to the side so that they are not in the way of anybody.

"Okay, Max will be angry about this result, but we need to calm him down as quickly as possible before the interviews, otherwise he would probably say things that would not be great for his image or the display of his and Checos relationship. Do you think you can handle that?" Vicky asks and for a second Daisy freezes. How is she supposed to calm down an angry Max who probably doesn't want to do anything but punch a wall? But this is about gathering experience and maybe there is a thing or two she can do to calm down Max at least a little bit.

"I can try to." Daisy says and Vicky nods. This is the best answer the boss could have expected from her intern. The task makes Daisy nervous, but she tries to be confident. This will either go great or ruin everything she fought for during this internship.

"That would be great! I quickly chat with Alec to get a good statement about what just happened. We need to figure out a story that matches before the boys say something different in their interviews." Vicky quickly says and Daisy can only nod before her boss already disappears again. Getting a statement which lines up might be as important as a calm driver who doesn't let just his emotions speak. Daisy takes a deep breath to make herself ready for the confrontation with Max.

She walks over to the motorhome, knowing he stormed off to it as soon as he was able to leave the car. The door of his room is shut closed, but Daisy can hear some rumbling from inside which makes her stop in her movements. It seems like Max is tossing some things around, trying to get rid of his anger.