"Hi," I greeted them, and they reciprocated.

"Sit down and have breakfast. Here's your pancake." Mom put a plate on the table, across from Jace. I had no choice but to comply and sat there.

"Hmm, it's already ten thirty," Dad said after checking his wristwatch. "I'll go ahead, Jace. I'm meeting Sam Sanders in town. Next time you come home, we'll all have lunch at Al's Diner."

Jace glanced at me. His eyes reminded me we won a dinner for two at the Al's Diner, and we haven't claimed it yet. Well, based on our status now, it would be better if we'd claim the prize separately.

"Sure, Chris. I'll look forward to it." He stood up and gave Dad a quick hug.

"Drive safely, son." Dad tapped his shoulder.

Jace was really close to my family. They were warm towards him, compared to their cold treatment for Sebastian.

"I'll come with you, Dad," Erin stood up. "I'm going to grab some recent novels in the bookstore."

When Dad and Erin left, Mom turned to me and Jace.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone. I'm going to do the laundry."

"Sure, Evelyn. See you soon." Jace gave Mom a quick hug, then settled back in his chair when Mom left.

It was pretty obvious that my family planned to leave us alone. Whatever Jace did wrong, it was too easy for them to forgive and forget about it.

Our eyes met. Then he sighed. "I was here last night."

"Yeah. Dad told me." I took a sip of my coffee.

"I came to say goodbye. It's been a week that I was away from the city. I have to go back. I have plenty of work waiting for me."

"Of course." I nodded.

I wanted to remind him he had no reason to explain to me. That special connection we had was gone when I learned he cheated on me. It didn't matter if it happened five years ago or at present.

Instead, I concentrated on my pancake. Mom made it special by putting on some extra whipped cream and syrup.

"I'm sorry Sweet. I want you to know that my intention for you is genuine. Throughout the years that we got separated, you became my inspiration. I worked so hard in my career to become successful, so when I come back to you, you'd be proud of me. I will face your family with no embarrassment."

"Please, Jace. It's not the right time to talk about this..."

"I know. But please, hear me out," he begged. "I love you so much, Sweet. I know this sounds so cheesy, but I really want to spend the rest of my life with you. I can't imagine being with someone else but you."

For years, it was what I longed to hear from him. But now, it suddenly means nothing.

"I know I've done wrong. I cheated on you, and I own up my mistakes," he continued. "I sincerely and deeply regretted what I did, and I swear in my life that won't ever happen again. Just give me a chance, Sweet. Please let me make up for you and prove my sincere intention towards you."

I wrinkled my brows.

"I forgive you, but forgetting it easily is hard for me. I just learned about it. I feel...disappointed. I thought you've been honest with me in our entire relationship."

"I'm so sorry for disappointing you, Sweet." His expression was in despair. "I wished that night never happened. And if it was really inevitable, I wished I had the courage to tell you the truth."

Would he really tell me the truth? Or just keep his cheating a secret. Unfortunately for him, Bianca busted it.

"Well, it happened," I shrugged my shoulders, "and all we can do is to move on and focus on what is important in our lives."

"You are important to me, Sweet." He took my hand, clutching it, "I'll wait no matter how long it would take you to love me back. I won't give up." He pressed his lips together tightly, "even though I know you're still dating Stavrakos...I'm not threatened by him, even if there's a thousand of him. Because, whatever you have with him now, I know it won't last. Eventually, his true colors will come out."

I removed my hand from his and grabbed a glass of water.

"Please, leave Sebastian out of this. He's not what you think he is." I answered, trying to defend Sebastian.

"Don't be fooled," he cautioned. "If you think kissing another girl in high school is a big deal, wait till you hear his wild sex stories. That man is not good for you, Sweet. He's showering you with his attention right now, but once he'll get bored with you, he'll turn to another girl."

"You don't have to trash talk, Sebastian. He isn't the sex monster that the internet projected him to be. What you read and heard about him is not all true."

"Either way, just watch out. I don't want you to get hurt. I care for you so damn much."

"Thanks. But I know what I'm doing, Jace. I'm old enough to make my decision on who to date or hang out with."

"Of course you are," he nodded, agreeing to what I said. He knew when to stop reasoning out and pushing me to the limit. "I'll go ahead, now. Take care always, Sweet."

"You too," I said, and he left.

***

Later, I went to see Marie. She couldn't stop talking about Barbie, the movie. I let her finish narrating the story to her heart's content and reminisced about her childhood playing with Barbie.

When it was my turn, I opened up about my feelings for the two men. Sebastian, giving me all the feels and excitement, while Jace wanted to prove the sincerity of his intention.

"You're still young. You will not get married soon. Don't get pressured by these two men. Enjoy your adventure with Sebastian. I really hope it won't end. You said he's proving himself that he changed, then that's good news. Don't miss out on an opportunity to know of him. As for Jace, well, let him continue proving to you he regretted what he did."

"You're right. I should focus on my goals right now and get that book published."

"Exactly!" She gave me a high five, then changed the topic. "Now, let's talk about what you're going to wear this coming Wednesday."