Chapter 3 Meeting The Kids

Louis' POV:

WE'RE MEETING THE KIDS TODAY! I'm especially excited to meet Zayn again... No offense to Niall and Harry, I'm ecstatic to meet them too! I wake early to Liam's joy. I say joy because Liam always has to wake me up:)

"Will you be like this daily from now on?" Liam asks, unknowing that he has just gotten himself in a mess. "Yeah, sure...no. It's only today." I wink at him. He groans, and then proceeds to finish cooking breakfast.

One hour later, we reach the orphanage. Then I turn into a kid, not literally, and almost go flying into a wall. Liam saves me, who could ask for a better husband, not me, Liam is per-fect.

Mrs. Periwinkle lets us in her office. "The kids are getting ready, so I'm going to take advantage of this to talk to you." I nod. "Lou, stop fidgeting, you'll be fine!" Liam whispers. I chuckle.

"I managed to arrange the social worker's visit to your house early and you both have been approved by the law. This means that the process will finish earlier than planned."

My eyes widen in surprise. "OMG, thank you, thank you, thank you sooooo much!" I squeal. Liam chuckles at my childish behaviour. I look at him. "We are overjoyed about this how long will the process take now?" Liam asks as I roll my eyes. "A month or two!"

A soft knock resonates on the door. "C'mon in" A girl, assistant perhaps judging by her uniform, enters. "The kids are ready," says she. "One last thing, Harry tends to remember words and sometimes can say them randomly, so try not to swear in front of him." Mrs. Periwinkle informs us.

The girl, whose name is Marie, leads us into a cozy room. "Where are they?" She mutters. Suddenly, we hear a child crying. I turn around and see a curly haired boy of about 3 years of age. I walk towards him. He makes grabby hands at me so I scoop him up to my shoulder. "Let me guess, this is Harry?" I ask Marie, who nods. "He's adorable!" Liam says, his face lighting up.

The door opens and Zayn enters the room with a blond boy. "I remember you!" Zayn grins happily when he sees me. He runs up to me and starts thanking me. "Now Zayn, I should be thanking you! You're the reason I-we- even thought of adopting!"

"This is Niall." Zayn introduces us to the blond boy. "Are you really adopting us?" Niall asks timidly. "Of course we are!" Liam smiles. A large grin spreads across Niall's face and he starts chattering about whatever with Liam.

"Down" A soft voice says. I put Harry down. "Who he?" Harry points to Zayn. Zayn chuckles. "I'm Zayn, you can call me Zee!" Harry giggles. "Zayn, Zee" He coos cutely. Zayn looks like he is about to melt. Harry grabs Zayn's hand. "When go home Zee?" Zayn looks at me. "Soon, love" I smile at them. Man, how they've bonded. I turn to Zayn. "What are your hobbies and interests?" "I love to draw, read, and sometimes sing." I grin and say, "Well, I love to cook, even if I'm absolutely horrid, I nearly always burn the pots, watch TV and mostly play Football."

This draws Niall's attention. " You like football too?" He asks. "I love football, no question, when you boys come home, we could have a 1v1!" I say, raising an eyebrow. Niall nods eagerly.

Mrs. Periwinkle enters. "Time's up, it's Harry's naptime, Zayn has a Maths lesson, and Niall has football practice."

"No wan' naptime, wan' stay!" Harry says, his bottom lip wobbling. "Haz, they'll come back soon, meanwhile I'll come visit you once naptime is over! We can play cool games!" Zayn says, picking him up. "Me too, I can even teach you how to play football!" Niall joins in. "Tank oo Zee NiNi." Harry pokes Zayn's face. "Tank oo soo much, pwease come visi' nex' wee'" "We will," Liam promises. 

When we reach the car, Liam says, "Lou, I'm so grateful for your idea!" I laugh at him. "My ideas are always the best, you know that" I sass. Liam rolls his eyes in disbelief. "FINE, NOT ALWAYS!"

Beat my personal best, around 700 words. BTW I almost died when I saw the cover for one of Calvin Harris' albums:

 BTW I almost died when I saw the cover for one of Calvin Harris' albums:

18 MONTHS LOUIS' PROMISE.

PLS SEND PROMPTS

TYSM

XCAMX