CHAPTER 7: The crush

(KLY'S POV)

(New Year's Eve) (Don't worry, it's not permanent)

I don't know how all of this happened. Me in a skirt, Peter in front of me, us blushing after we kissed, and my father next to us, clapping like he just saw he's ship finally come true. Maybe I should start from the beginning...

~~~~~~~

(The Present) (30 days for New Year's)

The months passed by in a flash, but my feelings for Peter didn't. Still, I couldn't find the courage to finally tell him. Every time I had the change to do so, I blew it. And I had 24 times already to do so. 24! What was wrong with me?!

Anyway, my life was not going great. I was having difficulties with my suit, everyone was always telling me to 'just ask Peter', but does not help at all, and I feel like I'm being watched, at least when I'm at school.

Well, it probably is nothing. I think...

The worst part was my fucking curiosity growing on the fact that Peter in my dad's intern. None of them told me about that, yet. And I found that out thanks to Happy.

My life is just great!

I went to school and met Peter, MJ and Ned at the entrance.

When I saw him, all I could feel was butterflies. I even started to see them... wait. WHAT?!

Suddenly, some butterflies were flying around us. And when I say 'us', I mean me and Peter.

"Uhm... where did these butterflies come from?", Peter asked, confused.

"It's December! How are they here?", Ned said, also confused.

"This doesn't make any sense.", MJ spoke.

Carefully using my magic, I made the butterflies fly away, and then disappear.

"Probably one of the weirdest things I've ever seen in my life.", I said. "So... let's go to class?", I asked. We tried to forget what just had happened as we went to class.

~~~~~~~

All I could think during class was Peter being 'The Mystery Intern'. It didn't help the fact that that was his name on my contacts. Why do I do this to myself?

Since I couldn't handle it anymore, during lunch, I pulled Peter to an empty classroom.
"So, Peter, what do you think of Tony Stark?", I asked, trying to be indirect.

"Oh, I think he is amazing! He's one of my heroes.", Peter said, excitingly.

I couldn't help but to cringe as he said that. After all, he just told me my father was amazing to him.

"Okay... what would you feel if you were his, I don't know, intern, maybe?"

He looked at me with a combination of shock and confusion. "It would be super cool, I guess... where are you getting these questions from?"

"Nowhere... I'm just curious.", I replied.

"But those seem very specific... like those butterflies from this morning. They were just circling us. Why?"

"I don't know. I don't understand butterfly-an or something.", I said, trying to avoid that question.

"Still... it was very weird..."

"Okay, those were all my questions. See you later!", and with that, I got out of the classroom and ran away.

I suddenly felt this anger towards Peter because he was playing dumb. He is his intern. Why won't he admit it to me? Did he also keep it a secret from everyone else, or just me?