CHAPTER 6: The chosen one

(KLY'S POV)

The 'date' was amazing! Peter took me everywhere since I was new to the city, talking about all this stories.

"Well, now I'm curious. What happened at the sleepover?", he asked.

"Uhm, we played truth or dare, watched some movies, saw Spider-man...", I started.

"Woah, you saw Spider-Man? How did that go?", he interrupted.

"We just talked. Betty and MJ thought we were flirting. But he is not my type.", I replied.

"Really? Why so?"

"Would you have a crush for someone who you don't even know what they look like?"

"Well... not exactly, no.", he responded.

"Exactly. That's my point. Everyone seems to have a crush on him, even though they don't know what he looks like. What if he is super unattractive?", I said.

"I doubt it.", he huffed.

"Why are you so sure, Petey?", I asked, smirking.

"I only have a gut feeling he isn't ugly, okay?"

"If you say so.", I shrugged. In my opinion, Peter was way more attractive than Arachnid-Boy, but I can't tell him that.

As I said, the 'date' was great, although I couldn't stop getting the feeling I was being watched. I shrugged it off, thinking it was one of the Avengers.

After a while, Happy, I mean, my 'dad' came to pick me up. "See you tomorrow, Peter!", I waved goodbye.

"See ya!", he waved back. And off we went.

~~~~~~~

When we got to the compound, I rushed to Nat. "We need to talk. Now.", I spoke seriously. She kinda looked scared at my tone.

"Okay. Let's go." I rushed her to my room, passing by some confused-looking Avengers.

I locked the door behind me. "So, what is it? Is it a boy?", she asked.

I looked at her, embarrassment in my face as I avoided her eyes.

"Oh my God, it is a boy!", she said, chuckling.

"Speak louder. I don't think they all heard.", I said, sarcastically.

"Sorry. So, who is it?"

"It's Peter!", Sofia answered, excitedly.

"Sofia!", I said, angry.

"What? Someone had to!"

"Yeah. Me!"

"Klymene is in love~!", Nat comments.

Oh Thanatos, take me away...

"Just promise me you'll never tell anyone, specially my dad."

"I promise with my life.", she said.

~~~~~~~

Later, at night, in my dreams, I was greeted with a visit from my mother.

"Hello, Mother!", I said, happy to see her again.

"Hello, Dear. I heard that you fancy someone. Is that true?", she asked, serious as always.

"Y-Yes...", I stutter.

"I see. Can you tell me about them?"

"W-Well, his name is Peter... he is very cute and sweet... and funny... and sometimes he reminds me of a cute little puppy...", I started.