CHAPTER 5: The mystery internt

(KLYMENE'S POV)

"Do you know him?", I asked.

Happy knows me well. He knows that, when I want to know something, I never give up. He knows one of my gifts was persistence and it was no use lying to me when I already connected the dots.

"He has an internship in the Stark Industries and, sometimes, I had to drive him there.", he responded.

I could see in his tone that he was speaking the truth. Still, I felt like there was more, though he didn't feel comfortable talking about it, and I know when to step down.

"Oh. Okay then.", I said.

~~~~~~~

As soon as I stepped in, Nat already was bombarding me with questions.

"So, did you make any friends? How was school like? Did you meet any boy you like?", Nat asked rapidly.

"Yes. Their names are Michelle, Ned and Peter. It was good. And finally, NAT! It was my first day!"

"Your point?"

Well, I have to admit that I found Peter really REALLY cute. But I know almost nothing about him, and we met today.

I simply rolled my eyes at her remark and went to my room.

"Sofia.", I groaned.

"Already one step ahead of you.", she spoke while locking the door and making my room soundproof.

I went to my desk. It showed my works in progress virtually in front of me. It kinda looks like a computer.

My mind was still stuck on the fact that Peter is one of my dad's interns. How did they meet? Did he speak about me? Did any of them talk about me?

I needed to think about something else. Then, an idea came to me.

"Sofia, show me videos of Spider – Man."

A YouTube window popped up with a playlist of all the videos of Spider – Man in existence. I wanted to study him. And maybe take inspiration for my own suit. If my dad won't let me be an Avenger, then I'm going to become my own hero, without his knowledge.

I know that it doesn't sound very bright, but I am the chosen one. I must save the Universe. That's the only reason I have my powers. That's the only reason for why my mother had me. She loves me, of course. But she would have never had the intention of having a child if not thanks to her vision. That's the only reason I'm alive. So, I must fulfill it.

Sofia analyzed his suit and gave me results.

"It is made with normal elastic fabric and tiny wires. It also has an AI, but not as great as me, of course."

"That's it? And I thought Spider – Man had some kind of advanced technology up his sleeve.", I spoke, a smirk on my face.

"Well, that still leaves us with nanobots as the best option. So, let's get back to work."

"Um, actually it is dinner time. Pepper is calling for you.", she said.

I groaned. "Tell her I'm coming."

Sofia unlocked the door, and I went to have dinner.

After that, I went back to my room to continue my suit and went to bed.

~~~~~~~