♧12♧

Sora POV

"DIFFICULTY LEVEL
JACK OF HEARTS'

This was insane and exciting. I stood in a corner with Chishiya as my nearby heat source with a collar on both our neck.

A collar on this man must be the hottest thing from the blood. I'm so sick

We made it to the prison just in time for the game to begin, the prison itself was fairly huge, gray and bleek and almost looked like a castle, ironic as well. The room we're in is filled with people of different types, I already spotted out the survivers and scavengers.

Chishiya POV

'GAME: SOLITARY CONFINEMENT
RULES. GUESS THE CARD SUIT THAT APPEARS ON THE BACK OF YOUR COLLARS. HOWEVER, YOU MAY BOT LOOK AT YOUR SYMBOL YOURSELF
THE TIME LIMIT IS 1 HOUR PER ROUND. IN THE FINAL FIVE MINUTES ENTER CELL AND DISCLOSE YOUR SYMBOL

The lights throught a hall full of cells. Nice.

'IF YOU DO NOT ANSWER WITH THE CORRECT SYMBOL, IT'S GAME OVER. THE COLLAR WILL EXPLODE AND YOU WILL DIE. ADDITIONALLY WHEN THE TIME REACHES ZERO THE SYMBOL ON THE BACK OF YOUR COLLAR WILL REST AND CHANGE EACH ROUND.'

"Wait a sec. So that means we just have to ask each other what our symbol ls are. That's easy huh?" A man dressed in a stripped yellow, orange and black shirt with blue jean overall, his whole outfit resembling a creature from a kids movie. A minion? Mmmm okay then minion man says since I don't exactly know his name yet. I look back at him "I don't know about that. They haven't told us what the conditions to win are yet"

'SOLITARY CONFINEMENT IS ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU CAN TRUST YOUR FELLOW PLAYERS.
BE AWARE OF YOUR OPPONENT, THE JACK OF HEARTS, WHO HAS ALREADY BEEN PLACED AMONG YOU'

"That's comforting" Sora's voice puts a blanket of security and enthusiasm around me. I'm used to working alone most times so the new wave and feeling of how someone is at least here is comforting, and this game is all about trust and I'd never admit this to her ever but I do have trust in her more than she thinks.

"So one of us is the Jack of Hearts?" A man from a distance asks.

'HOW TO WIN. ROUNDS REPEAT EVERY HOUR YOU WIN THE GAME WHEN THE JACK DIES.
PROHIBITED ACTIONS: LOOKING AT YOUR SYMBOL WITH A REFLECTIVE SURFACE IS CHEATING. PLAYERS MAY NOT USE WEAPONS OR VIOLENCE TO KILL FELLOW PLAYERS'

"This means that the only way this game will ever end is if the Jack gives the wrong answer" I point out to the confused looking small man

"So basically, no one here is getting out alive unless they lie to the Jack" Sora further explains annoyed

"THERE IS NO LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF ROUNDS. ENOUGH FOOD HAS BEEN PROVIDED"

"What?" Minion man lets out

"WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THIS GAME, NO DAYS WILL BE REMOVED FROM YOUR VISAS"

I smile "So we need to start lying, find the Jack of Hearts and kill them off or we'll live out the rest of our time in this prison"

"THE GAME WILL NOW COMMENCED. YOU CAN ROAM FREELY UNTIL IT IS TIME TO ENTER YOUR CELL"

The silence hangs for a bit till I break it "So this game is all mainly about trust. Who you can't trust and who you can" I turn my eyes from the man to Sora and meet her gray eyes before she everts her eyes away from me but steps closer. Progress.

"Hey man. Mind telling me what my symbol is and I'll tell you yours" a man approaches another as he agrees and begins to look but is interrupted by a man in a suit. Business guy I guess.