"Did you get ahold of the prick?" Stiles asked.

"Well, I—" Isaac cut off abruptly.

Scott cleared his throat, and Liam had a feeling that his alpha had mentally warned Isaac to shut the hell up. "So, you nervous?"

Liam shook his head. "Not in the slightest." He'd been looking forward to today for months.

Yet, worry took root in the back of his mind because when Theo was on assignment, he often became so fully engrossed in the process that he lost track of time. After graduating with an associate's degree in criminal justice two years ago, he'd been a PI ever since. Theo had come alive doing it. Something about tracking down kids that were scared and alone, returning them to their parents or bringing them to Derek, was probably healing for him. Liam's heart ached to think that Theo had become the adult that kid-Theo had needed the most.

Liam might have worried for his safety too except that he'd limited the cases, only accepting the lower profile, less dangerous cases until after the wedding. He'd been hired on a few sketchy assignments last year, but Liam and Isaac had insisted on joining him to make sure that he came home in one piece. He was pretty sure this 15-year-old girl who'd run away a few weeks ago didn't pose a legit threat.

"He'll be here," Scott said softly. "If he isn't, I swear I'll—"

"Don't you think it's time to put the jokes about sending him back to hell to rest?" Liam asked, a smile playing at his lips.

Scott raised his hands in surrender. "Hey, this is just me keeping an old promise."

Liam narrowed his gaze at his alpha. "What promise?"

"When you two first started dating, I told him that if he hurt you, I'd make his life a living hell," Scott said, but joy glimmered in his eyes. "Can't tell you how glad I am that I haven't had to make good on that threat."

"You won't have to," he assured him. "Just, tell the boys to stall for time if we have to. If he's not here yet, I'm sure he has a damn good reason."

"He better," Scott muttered, but nodded.

Liam knew he did. After all, this had been his idea.

While they were home visiting Liam's parents over Christmas, Sheriff Stilinski asked for his help on a case. A family of Wendigos moved into the outskirts of Beacon Hills and kidnapped an entire bus full of middle schoolers on their way back from a field trip.

Theo called in Scott and Isaac as reinforcements, and even though he'd begged Liam to stay out of it, he was determined to help. The leader of the Wendigos nearly ripped into the throat of a little boy—would have if Liam hadn't snatched him up and put himself at risk all at the same time. Theo had yanked both of them out of harm's way just as the Wendigos' razor-sharp teeth snapped shut where Liam's neck had been seconds before.

"Thank you for saving me," Liam said with a little laugh. "Again."

When they returned to the safe house, flickering light caught Liam's eye on the other side of the wrap around porch. He followed it, finding a blanket laid out with dozens of pillows and lit candles decorating the exact spot where they'd shared their first kiss.

Liam whirled to find Theo grinning at him.

"How—"

But Theo tugged him in by the hips, kissing him thoroughly, the rest of his thought forgotten. Even after they broke apart, Liam was rendered speechless.

"Liam," Theo said in a low voice that sent heat shuddering through his body. "You are the love of my life. I know you think I've saved you again and again, but the truth is that you saved me in the only way that really matters. My soul was damned. My heart was shattered, but you pieced me back together."