It was a term that had all but become extinct since Derek and Scott had melded their packs four years ago. No werewolf went without a pack unless they wanted to anymore. Not under their watch.

"What if I hurt them?" Her voice was barely more than a whisper, and her bottom lip trembled as she fought not to cry.

"You won't," Theo assured her. "My alpha, Derek Hale? He's going to help you, all right? He'll make sure you don't hurt anyone."

She brightened at that, swiping the building tears with her wrist. "Promise?"

"Promise. Now, will you let me take you home?" Samantha nodded, and he gently guided her out of the alley toward his blue truck. He knew he should sell it, get something with better gas mileage, but it held too many memories that he wasn't sure he'd ever be ready to let go of. "Good, because I've got somewhere to be."

"Where?" Samantha asked as she climbed into the truck.

Theo flashed her a grin. "A wedding."

Liam

The forest behind the safe house had been transformed. Long wooden benches and white chairs formed rows around two separate aisle ways that converged into one. At the end of it was a small raised platform that Isaac had spent days building and something that Mason had informed him was called an arbor. Basically, a super fancy archway with vines and flowers weaving around the lattice work.

Even though they wouldn't turn them on until later, large hanging light bulbs were strung between branches and from the main house all the way down to the end of the aisle.

If Liam was being honest, it was a bit more than he'd bargained for, but between Mason, Lydia, and his mom, his creative direction had been limited from the start. He watched from the window of the safehouse as Mason ran around directing people, speaking hurriedly into a headset, and as Corey trailed after him, begging him to drink a bottle of water.

With a smile, Liam returned his attention to his cuff links at his wrist, but couldn't quite seem to get them one handed.

A soft knock came at the door.

"Come on in," Liam called to Scott. He recognized his alpha's scent the second he'd stepped foot in the safe house.

"How's it going, Li?" Scott asked, drawing him into a warm hug. One of the best things about being nearby at UCLA was that he'd gotten to see a lot of Scott and Isaac. After he'd graduated, his alpha had returned to Beacon Hills with the intention of opening up a clinic similar to Deaton's, except that he was planning on working with Corey and Lydia to expand the medical facilities for supernatural creatures, too. Deaton had surprised him by handing him the keys to his clinic when he left—he'd fallen in love on a summer trip to the East Coast and wanted to protect her from the supernatural world, so they'd decided to move away from the Nemeton, the hub for all supernatural creatures.

Liam would never forget Deaton's words to Scott that day, "I found my happiness. Don't be afraid to find your own."

"Want some help?" Scott asked.

"Sure," Liam said and held out his wrist. "How's Isaac doing? I haven't seen him since this morning."

He hadn't seen Theo, either, for that matter.

Scott made a point of securing Liam's cuff link before answering. "Isaac had to, uh, run to the store for something."

"Uh, huh," Liam said, but didn't push it. Only because he could hear Isaac in the hallway now chatting with Stiles and Derek.