Death

Zuri HendersonSaturday, 2:30amBrooklyn, NewYork

Zuri Henderson
Saturday, 2:30am
Brooklyn, NewYork

We have been sitting in the hospital for 5 hours. When they started shooting at the after part Kinnidy was hit. I tried my best to protect her but she was already hit.

Everything she said in that moment when we realized she was hit kept playing over and over in my head.

                                      •Flashback•

BANG BANG BANG

"Everybody down!!" Random says screaming.

I immediately tower over Kinnidy and push us down until the gunshot came to a stop.

I look down at Kinnidy and see her covered in blood which isn't mine. Her eyes start to get heavy while she looks into my eyes.

I lift up her shirt and I see one gun shot wound one in her stomach and another in her chest.

"Hey baby..." she says lifting up my chin.

"Yes my love?" I say looking in her eyes while tears flow out of mine.

"I'm so glad I chose you...." She says slightly smiling while trying to keep her eyes open.

"Stay wit me please....just hold on just a little longer for me." I say rubbing her cheeks.

"Im gonna just rest for a second..." she says slowly drifting off.

"No I need you to keep your eyes on me." I say trying to keep her awake until we can get some help.

"I love you so much....please take care.....of everybody..for me..." she says trying to catch her breath between each phrase.

"I love you too but I need you to stay wit me right now....you can rest later." I say looking at her body.

I didn't hear a response. My heart broke. I felt nothing except pain and I didn't even get hit.
                               •Flashback over•

That moment just replays in my mind. It should've been me. Kinnidy never did anything to anyone. She always kept to herself and always but other people before her. So my question is why her.

God I know you do everything for a reason but sometimes you confuse me....

"Family of Kinnidy Johnson?" The doctor say walking up to us with her clip board.

"Yes that's us."Momma J says standing up while wiping her tears.

"I have bad knews and good news. Which one would you like to hear first?" The doctor says pushing up her glasses.

"Bad news." Momma J says answering her.

"Well the bad news is she is on life support. The bullet hit her stomach didn't do much damage but had contributed to the damage. The bullet that hit her chest did the most damage. You see, when the bullet hit her chest it hit a main part of her heart which means she's gonna need a heart transplant. Now the good news is that someone is willing to donate their heart for her but once she's gets that transplant she will go into a coma that couple last for a long time depending on how her body reacts to it." She says responding.