Different lifes

Leah CollinsThursday, 4:30amBrooklyn, New York

Leah Collins
Thursday, 4:30am
Brooklyn, New York

"DAD PLEASE STOP!" I yell trying to pull my dad off of my mom.

"LEAH BABY GO TO YOUR ROOM." My mom says while trying to get off of his grip.

"NO MOM IM MOT LEAVING YOU! LET HER GO!" I say pulling my dad back.

"LITTLE GIRL! Do what ya mama said and leave you in grown folks business!" My dad says yell at me and turning around grabbing my arm.

I look at my mom on the floor gasping for air and reaching the phone.

"I'm not going anywhere!" I respond looking at him in his eyes.

After a couple seconds I felt a slap across my face which made me fall to the ground. I looked at him with hurt eyes.

YES him and my mom has fought.

YES he has put his hands on her before.

BUT HE HAS NEVER DONE IT WITH ME.

I felt my anger rise and I stood up. After a couple seconds all I saw was black and I started swinging and throwing punches. He was hitting me good but I was keeping up.

"DAVID STOP PLEASE!" My mom says getting in the middle of us cause me to stop.

She stood in front of me with hot tears running down her face.

"I already called the police their on their way." She says blocking him from me.

"You did what!" He says looking at her with anger and evilness in his eyes.

"They are on the way. I will call them off if you leave."

He just stared at her for a second and then looked at me. All I could do was cry.

"You know you are the reason our kids come between us and you Leah was a goddamn mistake. I wish she should've aborted you like I told her." He says getting his coat and car keys and leaving.

I felt me and my moms body relax once we heard the car start.

"Baby are you ok?" She say looking at me and holding my face.

"Yea mom I'm fine are you ok?" I say looking at her with tears falling from my face.

"Yea baby im fine." She says taking me into a tight hug.

After a few seconds of hugging I felt my mom body get heavy on me.

"Momma?...MOMMA?!" I say unwrapping her arms from around and catching her before she fell to the floor.

I called 911 and finally heard sirens pulling up.

"BROOKLYN POLICE DEPARTMENT OPEN UP!" A police officer says banging on the door.