Time

10 months later

Leah CollinsSaturday, 12:30pmBrooklyn, New York

Leah Collins
Saturday, 12:30pm
Brooklyn, New York

It's been 10 months. She still hasn't woken up. Though it feels like it's been years, cs a lot has happened over 10 months. Me and Zeke has gotten closer.

For example, ever since she's been in the hospital I have came and sat and talked to my mom and Zeke is right there sitting beside me wiping my tears holding me. No we're not in a relationship but he's a really cool friend to have around.

I can't lie and say I have thought about us being in a relationship. I do somewhat have feelings for him but I just don't want to jump into something I may not be ready for.

Anyways Stormi isn't in our friend group anymore. Her and Kinnidy got into it really bad. Kinnidy was upset because Stormi is the only one who hasn't came and seen my mom but everybody else has. And when we ask her she claims she's busy and doesn't have time. Stormi really had the nerve to say because my mom doesn't pay her bills there is no reason for her to come.

To be honest I wasn't really bothered to the fact that she didn't come but I was upset that she claimed she didn't have time but my mom has done so much for her and her family.

"Hey I brought you your favorite." Zeke says walking while taking me out of my thoughts.

"Thanks...." I say grabbing the food.

Lately I have been considering signing the papers for them to put my mom to rest. It's be 10 months. There is no possibility that she is gonna wake up.

"What you think about?" Zeke asks me.

"What if signing those papers are the best decision for her. It's been over 10 months there is no possibility that she is going to wake up." I say eating my fries from Dairy Queen.

"Why would you even think about that? She's gonna wake up give it time." He says jerking his head back.

"Don't lose faith in something that just takes time. That heart monitor is still beeping and until it stops you're not singing anything. Be patient." He adds.

"But I have been! I given it time. I have came here for the pass ten months and sat here and waited on her to wake up but she hasn't been awake!" I say semi yelling at him.

"Look I understand your frustration but don't make a mistake that you'll regret with the rest of your life not knowing wether you stopped being patient too soon." He responds in a calm tone.

"I hate this so much." I say putting away my food.

We sat in a comfortable silence until he broke it.

"When I was 13 I found my mom unconscious in the bath tub. I called the police and they rushed her to the hospital. Turns out she was using cocaine and she used so much that she went into a coma. They said she would never wake up. My family never came to the hospital to check on her." He says.