He needed to find a way out, he couldn't let his resolve falter because if he did that, he'd just be killing himself.

He was going to get back home, he was going to get back to Leafy and nothing was going to stop him.

Just as he strained and attempted to snap the ropes he heard the door open again and he he heard those footsteps he had grown to hate, it was funny how he had no idea what this man looked like but Firey still wanted him dead.

"Ah, ah trying to get out again, are we?" the man tutted.

Firey gave no reply, as he heard the footsteps get closer he spat.

"Disgusting, but you're a fiesty one I'll give you that, you've lasted longer than I thought," the man said with cruelty.

Yet again, Firey gave no reply but he felt the hairs on his body stand on end as he heard the man crouch infront of him, his face so close, he could smell his horrific, alchol and cigarette breath that made him feel sick and he shuddered as he tapped his face.

"As much as I enjoy fighters, the attitude needs to go, so I think it's time to play with the water again"

...

Firey sighed as he walked down the empty streets, trying to clear his head.

It was so strange how a bustling city can feel like a different world at night, hardly anyone respectable around but the streetlights and neon signs breathed light into the quiet.

He finally stopped at a bridge that he felt was a nice spot to watch the cargo ships be prepped and loaded at the decks and light his cigarette.

He took a deep breath, letting the hot, ashy feeling enter his lungs, watching the smoke rise into the clear, starry night.

He had no idea when he started doing this or why he kept doing it, he hated the feeling and it didn't do him much good but he continued it for some unknown reason.

He sighed as he leaned on the railing, examining the water beneath him as it shimmered and reflected the lights around it.

It looked freezing and dark, it scared him.

He didn't like dark or wet things, they made him feel small, they confused him.

He took the cigarette from his mouth and tossed it into the water, watching it float away under the bridge.

His grip on the rail tightened as he felt a surge of emptiness hit him.

"There are bodies down there," he thought to himself.

How many people had met their end or were thrown in here to be hidden? A lot, he assumed. It was a perfect place, an estuary near a large dock and with build up sand, it was difficult to conduct police searches here and it was too polluted to have people swim in it for long periods of time, a perfect spot to kill.

...

A loud ship horn took him from his thoughts and he watched a large ship set off into the night.

He had no idea what time it was, he had left a note for Leafy incase he didn't come back before sunrise but he knew she'd still worry.

She was much too kind for him, he often thought he didn't deserve her, given what people said it was most likely the case.

Nothing would ever give back the time he lost with her but this was like being given a second chance, he was going to make sure he was the husband she deserved.

He turned around and retook the route he had taken to get here, back to the apartment and back to Leafy.

The clock on the wall said it was 4AM, he'd walked around aimlessly for two hours.

Leafy wasn't up yet, surprisingly even with all the noise of opening the door she was still asleep on the couch where he had left her.

So as not to disturb her, he lay down on the mattress she had gotten him and attempted to settle down.

She was definitely going to ask why he was on the floor when she woke up but he'd just tell her that he went to the bathroom and didn't want to wake her.

Even more lies, huh.

"I'm not very good at this am I?" he said to himself quietly.

He pulled the blanket over his head and tried to get at least some sleep.
===============================

Firey angst chapter cus gahddamn yall are giving him a hard time.

Hope you enjoyed!

XOXO
LeafCake