19: Toru Oikawa - The Perfect Man

Começar do início

Without realising we'd stayed until closing time. We left the bar together, him offering to walk me home which I accepted. "I noticed earlier that there was something on your mind," he finally brought up what I expected him too earlier. I let out a deep sigh.

"Yeah, that's fair to say," I mumbled as we walked through the quiet streets of suburban Tokyo.

"I understand if you don't want to talk about it... but you can text me any time if you ever feel like chatting about it. Or if you ever fancy just meeting up casually... here's my number if you're willing to accept it," he handed me a card with his name and number on. We reached my front door and I took the card from him with a smile.

"Thank you Oikawa," I mumbled.

"Thank you? What for?"

"You helped me this evening, more than you know," I said and he smiled his charming smile.

"I'm glad. Call if you ever need a friend," he said, waving and walking back down the street. I entered my home knowing that Tobio wouldn't be there as he had stormed out earlier after I ended things with him. I felt tears come to my eyes again as I walked through the hall, there being a couple of photographs of us smiling and cuddling - those happier times.

I placed the photo frames face down and decided that it was best not to let these thoughts linger, that I should focus in how I had managed to forget my problems thanks to a certain Toru Oikawa.

- Timeskip -

I had typed in Oikawa's number into my phone but was yet to press the dial button. It had been a week since we first met and I had a little doubt in my mind, wondering whether he was actually bothered about me calling him or not. Since that night Tobio and I had exchanged a few pretty awful conversations which resulted in me moving back in with my parents to avoid bumping into him at our shared home. He'd practically forced me out anyway and I wasn't strong enough to say no to him thanks to all the times he'd intimidated me.

Finally I hit the dial button and pressed the phone to my ear. "Hello?" His smooth, recognisable voice said as he picked up.

"O-Oikawa, hello, it's (l/n)... from the other night," I said nervously, wondering if he'd remember me despite it only being a week.

"(l/n)! I've been worried about you, you didn't call," he said and I could practically see the adorable pout. "How have things been?"

"Um... not too good... I was wondering if maybe you wanted to meet up?" I asked, biting my nail with trepidation.

"Sure, I'm free this evening if you want to get a drink?" He suggested and I let out a sigh of relief, nodding even though he couldn't see me.

"Yes, yes please," I said. We arranged a place and time and I knew I needed to get everything off of my chest. He offered to listen to what I wanted to speak about, so whether he truly wanted to go through with his suggestion was yet to be seen.

I found myself trying to dress nicely for him. Just from our first encounter we hit it off but in a purely platonic way... but my excitement to see him made the afternoon go slowly. This gave me time to plan out what I was going to say and how I was going to say it, so when the time finally came and we sat down in the posh bar he'd suggested I breathed in a deep breath. "You were right... the other day, when you thought I was lying about being fine... the truth is I am far from fine," I admitted.

"I thought that to be the case. And I assume you want to talk about it? And that's why you're here?" He asked and I nodded, my throat suddenly feeling dry. "Is it boyfriend trouble? Girlfriend trouble?"