408. Intense

Acnologia bites Ben's shoulder and tries to rip Ben's arm. But then, he gets choked by Ben's tail and his arm gets held by Ben's hand. Even Acnologia needs to breathe, so he releases his bite and sends his tail to attack Ben's head.

So Ben releases his grip and gets away because he can't block the tail. But he immediately makes a Dragon's Roar while retreating. It hits Acnologia and sends the Black Dragon flying and crashing onto a mountain quite far from them.

Acnologia coughs some blood and a burnt mark appears on his body because of Ben's attack. It was a clean hit and Ben's attack is very hot, that's why it could even burn Acnologia's tough scale. Now Acnologia can really feel Ben's power which has gotten stronger.

'Does he gets stronger while we fight?' ponders Acnologia with widened eyes.

Ben doesn't actually get stronger while fighting, he just starts revealing his real power. His stats are still the same, but he can make stronger attacks with some more complicated spells. Surely it takes more magic power, but the sun is still in the sky, so Ben can replenish his magic power.

Acnologia looks at Ben and sees the bite wounds on his shoulder heal very fast. The wounds disappear after some seconds because Ben's self-healing ability improves a lot when sunlight shines on his body. He is absorbing the energy passively, after all, even if the rate is much slower than when he eats the sunlight.

Ben suddenly looks in the direction of Ishgar because he senses something. He sighs after feeling that his Guildmates and other Ishgar Mages are coming here. This means he needs to end this as fast as possible because he knows Acnologia can use them to stop him.

Acnologia also looks in the same direction, so Ben knows the guy also feels the incoming people, especially the Dragon Slayers. But then he looks back at Ben and ignores the incoming Dragon Slayers. Acnologia knows that right now he needs to focus on Ben.

The current biggest threat and best target for Acnologia are Ben. If he can defeat Ben, then anyone else won't matter anymore. He won't just remove his strongest opponent, but also gets strengthened a lot after killing Ben.

But of course, Ben won't let that happen, and he will be the one getting those benefits. This battle will decide the True Strongest individual in the world. Well, there are still Gods who are said to be stronger than Dragons, but they don't directly involve themselves in the world's affairs, so it doesn't really count.

Anyway, Ben sends a strong claw attack at Acnologia who's still lying on the ground. Acnologia jumps away to avoid the claw attack that melts the ground. Ben's attacks that have gotten stronger can break his defense quite easily, so he is very careful now.

Then Acnologia covers his body with magic and flies very fast toward Ben. He starts attacking Ben using magic-coated physical attacks. He wants to know whether Ben's physical attacks also get stronger or not.

Well, it doesn't take long for Acnologia to find out because Ben overwhelms him very fast. Not only Ben uses more power in his attacks, but he also has better close combat skills. So his attacks are much deadlier and more effective than Acnologia's attacks.

"Is this all you've got? You were slaying Dragons with this level of power? I don't know whether those Dragons were weak, or you were lucky, or I have gotten too strong for you. But I know for sure that I won't lose this battle," says Ben before he claws Acnologia.

The claws hit Acnologia cleanly and rip his front scales, leaving deep cut wounds on his chest. But there's no blood coming out of the wounds because Ben's magic burnt the wound. That's why the wounds are still painful with a burning sensation.

"Come on, the real battle has just started," says Ben while taunting Acnologia.

Acnologia then attacks Ben again with his magic-coated body. He sends a lot of attacks, but Ben keeps evading those attacks. His magic flies everywhere, creating massive impacts and explosions all over the battlefield.