403. Not so Immortal

One-sided, that's how Ben's battle against Zeref turns out. An overwhelming power added with an advantage in magic makes Ben can dominate the battle. He is much faster, stronger, has more experience, and skills.

Ben doesn't give Zeref any chances to even fight back and keeps beating the crap out of this Empire's Emperor. Zeref can't hit Ben at all because Ben's attacks always hit him first. Ben is too fast for even Zeref who can control time now.

The current Ben who doesn't hold back can send tens of punches in a second. Each of his punches is powerful enough to crack Zeref's bone. Even after getting a lot of power, Zeref still can't match Ben's power.

Zeref's immortal body is useless against Ben's Sun God Slayer Magic. Ankhseram's curse is breaking with each punch from Ben and Zeref can't recover. That 400 years old curse is fading because of Ben's attacks.

Ben attacks Zeref mercilessly and he keeps increasing his attack power. He doesn't give Zeref any break even though Zeref's body is full of blood now. But Ben knows that Zeref is still conscious because there's no way someone like him would succumb to some punches.

Then while keep punching Zeref, Ben asks, "How does it feel, Zeref? Is it hurt? Is it painful? Those children who lost their parents, parents who lost their children, people who lost their loved ones and future because of you and your demons felt more pain than this. They suffered while you were thinking you did the right thing with your twisted sense of justice."

"So even if it's just a little, I will make you feel their suffering. Besides, your death is important because will make all those Etherious demons disappear, except for Natsu. But I won't give you an easy death because it won't satisfy those poor souls," says Ben with an intimidating face while still punching Zeref.

Ben hits every part of Zeref's body from head to toe including those balls. He doesn't give this guy any mercy and destroys everything. Those who know Ben well won't be surprised by this, but those who don't know him that well will be terrified seeing his ruthlessness.

Zeref's power mode disappears after a while and he returns to normal. He is very incredible already for holding on and staying in that mode for a while despite the beating. Even S-Class Mages would have died many times after getting such beatings, but he holds on.

He can't hold on for a long time though because Ben is very brutal right now. Zeref now can feel death, a very painful death unimaginable to him. He thought death would give him relief and peace, but it is very painful to the point that he doesn't wanna die.

Ben finally stops punching him, but all his bones have been broken, his muscles have been torn apart, and his skin is ripped. Blood covers his whole body and he doesn't recover at all. His immortality only keeps him alive, not healing his injuries even one bit.

"Treat this as my mercy for you because you won't suffer any longer now. I will grant you death that you've missed for too long," says Ben as he puts his palms on Zeref's chest.

Ben's hand glows golden bright and he says, "The God was the one who tortured you, but the Dragon will be the one who finishes you. Farewell, Zeref Dragneel."

Zeref's bloody body suddenly glows golden bright and Ben turns around to leave. Behind him, Zeref's body starts to get burnt by a golden fire. Zeref doesn't even scream because he has lost all sensations of his body.

Ben leaves Zeref who slowly burns into ash that gets carried by the wind. Alvarez Empire has lost its Emperor and the world has lost one of its enemies. The man who is known as the evilest Mage of all time has finally died.

"That was very anticlimactic for an enemy I feared since I was young. But that just shows how powerful I've become. Now, one more to go," says Ben while walking back to Vistarion.