425. Dragon Annihilation

To handle the flying Dragon, Ben orders his group members to use long-range attacks. The ones who use magic guns and bows are doing fine, but the ones who use melee weapons are having a hard time. They can't just stand around though, so they need to do something.

Ben tells them to channel their magic power through their melee magic weapons to shoot long-range attacks. He gives an example by creating a magic slash that flies toward the Bronze Dragon. It's a weak one though, so it doesn't injure the Dragon badly.

The melee fighters try it and they get a hang of it after some try. Of course, they still can't create strong attacks, but at least now they can continue the battle. They are aiming for the Dragon's wings while also evading its attacks with Ben's help.

However, it's still too difficult for them to defeat a Dragon by themselves. Well, they are still new to this. The other non-Dragon Slayers who joined before them were also like this at first. Using Dragon weapons to create attacks is consuming quite a lot of energy, that's why they got tired fast.

With them unable to continue the fight because of tiredness, Ben is forced to end the battle himself. He slays the Bronze Dragon by creating multiple massive solar javelins that pierce through the Dragon's body from all sides, effectively killing it even while it flies.

"You guys are improving, but it's still not enough to defeat Dragons. Review what we did today so that you'll get ready fast. The Dragons won't care about your conditions. They will kill you if you show weakness. We will keep hunting Dragons every day, so make sure you're ready tomorrow."

They return to their hideout after Ben takes the Bronze Dragon materials and turns the rest of its body into a Dragon Lacrima. It is better to make a Dragon Lacrima from an intact corpse, but he also needs the material. The leftover parts are still enough to make an incomplete Dragon Lacrima which is still very useful to make weapons.

Ben is upgrading their weapons using Dragon Lacrimas. But he'll only upgrade the weapons of the earlier members who have more experience. It's because he wants them to have the necessary skills first before using powerful weapons infused with Dragon Lacrimas.

One Dragon Lacrima can be used to make around 10 powerful Dragon Weapons. But for the S-Class level Mages, they are given weapons that have 1 whole Dragon Lacrima in them. They can handle those weapons' drawbacks like high magic power consumption that can deplete normal Mages' magic power after a few active usages.

Weapons aren't the only things that need their magic power, after all. Their armor and even their movements need magic power because they are facing Dragons. They need to enhance everything they do with magic in order to avoid being hit by the Dragons.

Ben upgrades their weapons as they hunt more Dragons on Guiltina. They use space barriers, but he knows that sooner or later, Acnologia will find out about their sneak attacks. But while he doesn't know, they can use this chance to get more materials and train the Dragon Hunters.

Some people fall in their hunts. No one can guarantee that everyone will stay alive till the end, and everyone is ready anyway. They can only do their best to minimize the casualties. But having their comrades die in a war is normal, so they can accept it easily.

No Dragon Slayer died though because they are more suited for this war. Besides, they are the main weapons against the Dragons. So everyone else is trying to protect them when they are in danger. Without the Dragon Slayers, their chance to defeat the Dragons will drop.

The Dragon Hunters keep hunting the Dragons on Guiltina. But soon, their hunt gets noticed by the remaining Dragons. Acnologia orders them to gather because they are attacked separately. The Dragons' pride is high, so not all of them are following the command.