Think about it

LEAH

I sat in the backseat with Aaron's mother while my driver Tommy drove to Ava's apartment. I wasn't nervous, not even a little bit.

"Are you sure you don't need me to come?" Ginna asks, but I shake my head.

"No. I'll deal with her." I say.

Truthfully, Ginna and I haven't spoken much, mostly because we haven't really had one on one time. I'm wearing a fitted black pantsuit with black red bottom heels.

These shoes cost more than my rent it was so weird. It was also a gift from Ginna.

As we pull into the parking lot, Tommy gets out and comes to my side. Ginna gives me a nod, and I return it. Tommy opens my door and reaches his hand out.

I take his hand and step out of the car. "Thank you, Tommy."

"Of course, Ms. Reed." He says, and I raise my eyebrow.

"My last name is Davis." I correct him.

"Mr Reed instructed all of the staff to call you Ms Reed." Tommy says and closes the door.

He did? Why?

"Okay then." I say to him, and I can't help but smile a little bit.

Ms. Reed..... it has a nice ring to it...

I turned my head to the apartment complex and took off my sunglasses, and placed them on my head.

Geez, this place with even shitter than my old apartment. I shake my head, and Tommy hands me my purse. I thank him and made my way up the steps to Ava's door. This whole place needs to be demolished and rebuilt. I feel like if I step in the wrong place, I'll fall right through.

I knocked on Ava's door and waited. She's home. I know she's home because Aaron has two of his security guards watching to see when she goes and comes. I can hear Tristan's cries from the inside, and I knock again, but louder this time.

Finally, Ava opened the door, but as soon as she saw me, she tried to close the door on me, but I stopped it and pushed the door open, walking right in.

"Get the fuck out." Ava says angrily pointing to the door but I ignored her.

Tristan was in a broken crib, and I walked over to it.

"Mommy." Tristan says when he sees me and reaches up for me.

"Don't touch my fucking kid." Ava says angrily and I completely ignore her.

"Hey buddy." I say softly and wipe his tears, but Tristan grips onto me, so i pick him up.

"I'm going to tell you for the last time to get out, or I'll -"

"Call the cops?" I say and look around.

She freezes and shuts the door.

I place Tristan back in the crib and look down at the center table. There are pills and needles everywhere.

"You do heroin to?" I say with a frown.

This is just bringing back bad memories.

"Don't fucking judge me okay?" Ava says crossing her arms.

Her pupils are dilated, and she's shakey.

"Is this really how you want your son to see you?" I ask her.

"Don't do that. Don't come in here and fucking judge me." She growls.

"Oh no, I am going to judge you because you have the audacity to act like you actually give a damn about him." I answer.