WAITING IN THE SHADOWS

LEAH

I sat on the bed while Aaron was in the other room talking to his lawyers. For the time Tristan was here, he completely clung to me, and now that he's away from me, I feel weirdly naked.

Leo lets out a soft whimper, and I scratch the top of his head. "I know I miss him too."

Aaron opened the door to our bedroom and stepped inside. I got up and got closer to him.

"What did your lawyers say?" I ask.

"They're putting the evidence it's looking good." He said. "And I also found out where Ava lives."

"Oh?" I say, forming a little plan in my mind while Aaron wraps his arm around me.

"My lawyers advised me to speak to her before this all goes to court and gets ugly." He says and rubs his forehead. "I have a full day of meetings tomorrow, but I think I can make it work."

"I'll do it." I say to him, and he raises my eyebrow.

"Not a chance. She's unhinged, and you're pregnant." He says and releases me.

"I'm pregnant, not stupid." I tell him.

"Leah -"

"If you go there and lose your temper, she can use that as ammunition." I tell him.

Aaron sits on the edge of the bed. "I'm not sending you in there alone with Ava."

I got closer to Aaron and stood in front of him. "You want Tristan back?" I ask him.

"You know I do." He says.

"Then give me the power, and I'll give you diamonds in return." I say to him.

He stares up at me and presses his forehead to my belly.

"I'm going to get him back if you give me a chance, Aaron."

He sighs and nods. "Alright."

I look down at him and give him a small sinister smile.

"You know it's sexy when you're like this, right?" He says to me.

I look down at Leo and give him a small whistle. "Out boy."

Leo gets up and walks out of the room.

As I stand in front of Aaron, I can't help but notice the way he looks up at me. The corners of his lips curve into a small, hesitant smile as he awaits my next move.

I reach out my hand to gently stroke his cheek, my fingers lingering on his stubble. His eyes widen almost imperceptibly, and I can tell he's trying his best to hold back his eagerness.

"Stand and take off your shirt." I tell him firmly.

He hesitates for a moment, as if in disbelief, before his fingers move to the buttons of his shirt. With each button undone, his chest becomes more exposed, revealing the toned muscles I've always admired. The sight of him makes my heart race, but I maintain my composure, watching as he discards his shirt onto the floor.

I step closer, my body now mere inches away from his. I can feel the heat radiating off him, and I take another deep breath to steady my nerves.

"Now, sit down on the edge of the bed," I instruct, gesturing towards the neatly-made bed behind him.

Aaron obeys, his eyes locked on mine as he lowers himself onto the bed. I approach him, positioning myself between his legs. His breath grows heavier, his chest rising and falling more rapidly with each passing moment.

As I run my fingers through his hair, I lean down to whisper in his ear. "Tonight, I'm in control," I say, my voice unwavering. "And you're going to do exactly as I say."