Dance with Death

"It's just in. The new hero known for working with the Avengers has attacked a school in New York." The news reporter informed with a calm face. "The blue paladin had helped a community in Australia and was seen launching into the atmosphere to help the Avengers less than a month ago. Now here is our exclusive."

The camera cut to a man standing just beyond the school.

"Thank you, Jessica Jameson. Yes as you can see behind me the giant form of the blue lion that the blue paladin is known to pilot." The journalist said gesturing behind him. "Authorities and emergency services have been unable to access the school and anyone on the premises due to the forcefield that the blue lion is emitting."

"Tony!" Bruce shouted as he jumped to his feet. "We need to get to the kids school."

"Yeah, I just saw it." Tony answered appearing on the screen. He had already suited up and was leaving the tower. "Meet me there."

~~~

Lance stepped out onto the roof watching the giant lion with caution. He had to be careful here, one wrong move and the students and teachers could be harmed.

He lifted his blaster and started to take the drones down. If there was less eyes around then he stood more of a chance at stopping all of this.

Once he had a clear shot he would start to take down the fake lion.

Wow, he felt really angry about this and he wasn't sure if it was his own emotion or the lions.

Or maybe it was both. It was hard to tell at this point.

Something landed behind him and Green gave him just enough warning to duck so he avoided the kick aimed for his head.

"So we meet again little Blue."

Lance narrowly dodged the next punch that came for his face and blocked the last one with his shield.

Then they were behind him and their grasp was like iron on his arm.

Lance gasped as his arm was twisted behind his back allowing Yelena to pin him against the wall.

"You know I don't have anything against you kid." Yelena shrugged. "I'm just getting paid to make you look bad."

Lance let his jetpack activate allowing him to kick off the wall knocking them both to the ground.

"HYDRA is paying you?" Lance asked as he rolled away from her. "What do they want with me?"

"You're a nuisance." Yelena explained. "That and you're the Avengers weakness."

"How so?"

Yelena smiled. "Can't you work it out? They love you. They'll gladly give up the fight to protect you."

"And you want that?"

"In a way. I don't care for all of the Avengers. Only one."

"Natasha." Lance realised. "Why do you want her?"

"She's my sister." Yelena answered. "I want to take her home."

A HYDRA guard ran towards them and lifted his gun.

Lance barely managed to duck behind his shield as the shots came his way.

"Yelena, we want you guarding the hostages. Leave him to us."

"See you around little blue."

The shots ended and the HYDRA agent grinned at Lance who was very hesitant about lowering his shield. "You'll be an easy take down."

"You sure about that?" Lance asked tilting his head.

The HYDRA agent lifted a device and clipped it to his wrist then the other one. "You'll see."

The giant lion above him moved, its head turning to stare right at Lance.

It's mouth opened and glowed. Lance lifted his hands and a particle barrier formed around him as the lion blasted at him.

"Red go help the others. Yellow keep trying to break it's shielding. Green let's go." He made eye contact with the guard watching the fear as he vanished.

The blast cut off and for a moment the roof top was silent.

Then another roar, much louder than the fake lion as something landed on the school field.

~~~

Gwen didn't know how this was going to work, Flash knew about Lance, and Lance seemed fine with that, but did Miles and herself really want Flash to know their secret too?

"Right here's the plan." Flash decided. "I'll sneak round the back and take down that guy, you two come around the front and get everyone to the exit."

"But-"

"Yes." Gwen nodded cutting Miles off. "Just be careful."

"I'll be fine." Flash grinned before he disappeared.

"Gwen he's going to get himself caught and hurt." Miles snapped quietly.

"But it means we can get suited up."

"And how exactly did we get past the barrier?" Miles demanded tilting his head.

"Ah." Gwen hadn't thought of that. "Okay so what's your plan?"

"I-"

The roar that tore through the air made the ground shake.

Their eyes lifted to see the grey metal lion falling to the ground. Standing above it was a giant black lion.

"I thought Lance had a blue lion." Miles frowned.

"Looks like we still don't know everything." Gwen shrugged. "We'll ask him later."

A sharp growl made them both jump. Standing next to them was a glowing red lioness.

"What on earth is going on?"

The red lion offered them an almost glare before she charged at closest HYDRA guard.

~~~

Lance stood in Blacks mouth and smirked. This was easy.

He watched one of the fake lions legs fall away making the whole thing collapse.

He had done it, the barrier fell and within seconds Tony was landing next to him in the jaw of the lions mouth.

"You okay? What happened?"

"HYDRA." Lance answered offering a smile. "I'm okay, Yelena was hired to make me look bad apparently, I guess it's because she's actually met me."

"Possibly, did you hear that Widow?"

"I heard, are you alright Lance? She didn't hurt you did she?"

"No, she was just trying to slow me down." Lance smiled. "Any chance you guys got everything on the ground under control."

"It's all clear here." Steve assured.

There was another roar before Hulk landed in Blacks mouth and instantly scooped Lance up.

"Hulk worried."

Lance chuckled. "Sorry bud, I didn't expect this to happen."

"None of us did." Tony sighed. "I'll work something out."

"And who's going to deal with the press, huh?"