Chapter 17

"Hey Ori, are you okay? You seem, well not like your usual self..." Jeremy asked. Mochi nodded. "Yeah I noticed it too, what's up?"

Ori looked away, biting her lip. "I know it hasn't been 15 days but can we just stop and set up a permanent base? And before you argue with me, just listen. That base we found earlier..., it clearly has been there a long time. The time to make such a place might have been months, if not years. If that someone who has been there for so long and hasn't found an exit, what better chance do we?"

Mochi huffed in response. "So that's what's bothering you? What if they got here and just gave up and built a base? And anyways they died so that's that you know?"

Ori sighed. "I don't believe that. Wouldn't you at least try to escape. And plus, what if they died looking for an exit? And what makes any of you think that there's is an exit?? The entrance gat literally turned into a grey wall for crying out loud!" 

The others looked at one another uncomfortably at this prospect. Silence. No one wanted to say anything. It felt like if they did, they would be admitting that Ori was right. Ori glared at Jeremy in frustration.

"You knew this the whole time, didn't you!" 

"..."

"Jeremy is this true?"

Jeremy sighed. 

"Yes."

"Then why didn't you bother to point it out."

"I thought you guys knew and were ignoring that prospect and wanted to find the exit anyway!"

"WELL CLEARLY THAT ISN'T THE CASE!"

"YEAH JEREMY, THAT'S SO FUCKING STUPID?? YOU LITERALLY MADE A DEAL WITH ME THAT YOU KNEW YOU WOULD WIN!"

"I DIDN'T WANNA WIN! I WANTED TO FIND THE EXIT TOO!"

"Hey guys can we don't fight? We still need to think of what we're gonna be doing next."

Everyone turned to look at Jake who was looking very timid and uncomfortable by all the fighting. Immediately everyone's glares softened.

"I guess we should make a permanent base then..." Jeremy said. Everyone silently agreed. They found a big shelf and began connecting pallets and beds for the night. 

"Night."

"Night."

"zzz"