Chapter 16

"Ori, Ori!"

"Huh what?"

"I need to tell you something."

"It better be important Jer. It's literally." Ori checked her watch, "3 in the fucking morning."

"This base can't have been built by itself." 

"Yeah I know."

"Then haven't you been wondering where the owners of this place are?"

"Well maybe they escaped already?" 

"And if they didn't?"

"Jeremy Chan."

"Ori Goh."

"I do not want to hear this at 3am."

"Well then when do you want to hear it?"

"WHEN YOU PLAN ON TELLING THE OTHERS??"

"But you already understand! Those two doofuses don't!"

"Oh too bad!" she huffed, dropping back onto the bed and pretending to snore loudly. Jeremy pinched the bridge of his nose. brows furrowed. 

"Fine. Whatever." He muttered, going back to bed.

The Next Morning

"Come on guys wake up!" Jeremy called. Everyone groaned

"Noo, it's too comfy..." Mochi replied, dozing back to sleep.

"I don't care. I need to tell ya'll something important."

Jake sat up a little bit. "Can you tell us whilst we're on our beds?"

Jeremy rolled his eyes. "Fine but I don't think you'll be so keen to be staying in bed after I tell you what I have to say."

"Can you faster say or not?" Mochi grumbled. 

"Haven't ya'll wondered where this place came from?"

"The store duh."

"This place can't have been built on it's own. It was built by SOMEONE."

"Oh ya hor." Mochi said

"Ok so?" Jake asked. Mochi stared blankly at him.

"Oi are you stupid? Means this base belongs to someone else!"

"And?"

"Jake how stupid are you? THE PERSON WHO MADE THIS PLACE PROBABLY DIED AND THIS PLACE CAN BE CONSIDERED GRAVEYARD!" Mochi exclaimed, jumping out of the bed. "EW I'VE BEEN SLEEPING ON A DEAD PERSON'S BAD, AHHHH!" she proceeded to run all around the base, her hands in the air. Jeremy covered his mouth to hide his amusement from the scene.

"Yes what Mochi said."

"WHAT!" Jake shouted, also jumping out of his bed. Ori laughed.

"Are you not concerned??" jake asked, staring at Ori. Ori shrugged. "I already knew."

'YOU KNEW AND YOU DIDN'T TELL US?" Mochi said, glaring at Ori. 

"Didn't feel like telling ya'll." Ori replied, calmly getting out of bed, "How about some breakfast?"

"I LITERALLY ATE A DEAD PERSON'S FOOD! What if they haunt me!?!?!?" Mochi pointed out, horrified. Jeremy laughed before making the sign of the cross. Mochi raised her eyebrows. "What are you doing?" she asked. Jeremy gestured for her to shut up before closing his eyes and muttering something under his breath. After a minute or so he did the sign again and looked at Mochi.

"I pray for you lah." 

"That's nice but I don't believe in God?"

Jeremy casually dismissed Mochi's comment. "It's okay, it's just in case. Anyways we should get moving."

So they packed their things, Mochi said goodbye to the fridge ("WHY CAN'T WE BRING IT WITH US??") and started making their way along the wall.  

Despite leaving the "graveyard" Jeremy couldn't stop thinking of it.

Who was there? Did they escape? Are they dead? How long did they stay in that place? Judging from how well built the place was, it had to be a long time. Jeremy shuddered at another thought.

Would that how their lives would be if they didn't get out? Jeremy sure hoped not.