Chapter 7

The next day, their prayers were answered. The fog lifted, and the zombies stumbled away. They let down the ladder and started making their way to the wall. They walked on and on, soon becoming hungry. They sat down and took a break to eat.

"Guys, what if there is no exit?" Jake asked. Silence. No one wanted to answer the question that had been on their minds ever since they had been trapped. After a while Jeremy decided to speak up.

"Then we should probably set up a base here, gather food, and just survive."

"No way am I dying here." Ori objected.

"That may very soon not be an option." Jeremy countered, sipping some water. Mochi sighed.

"Can ya'll stop being so miserable? We WILL get out of here! If ya'll stop being emo."

"We can't just mindlessly walk around forever you know!"

"FINE, I say we will get out of here by 15 days. If we don't, we'll stay and do your survival shit. How about that?" Mochi huffed.

"Fine with me" Jeremy replied, leaning against the wall. Ori and Jake just nodded. 

"But first, let's restock our supply of food." Jake stated, getting up. They drew lots and Jeremy was chosen to stay behind. They split up, running to find food quickly. Jeremy took out his phone. It was at 20%. He pressed the emergency call button. He wondered to himself why hadn't he thought to do something like this sooner. 

"999 what's your emergency?"

Jeremy felt that the recipient of the call sounded sarcastic. But maybe that was just how they sounded. 

"We're locked in an Ikea open store? The abandoned one down the street?"

Jeremy honestly expected the officer to nag at him, or maybe sigh at the stupidity of some teenage kids doing dumb things. None of these happened.

The person on the other side laughed. 

It sounded maniac-like. Jeremy felt a chill come over his spine. 

"Kid there ain't no open store Ikea ANYWHERE."

"There is! You know the one where rumour has it has zombies and shit?"

"Mhm, and you know what I know? Is that there is absolutely NO open store facility and rumours are often fake. In fact, I think you story about being locked in an Ikea facility is fake as well. Have a good day sir." and the call ended. 

Jeremy rolled his eyes. He should have known trying to call authorities in these sort of situations never helped. But he thought he might as well give it a shot. Plus, the call wasn't totally for nothing. Apparently the facility is unknown to the outside world. In that case, where were they really? Where could you build an infinite Ikea open store facility? And more alarming, how could you make a place like this disappear? He shook his head, pondering, A shrill shriek of a whistle brought him back to his senses. He fumbled around for his whistle and returned the call. Soon he saw Jake running to him.

"Hey dude! Got some good grub...What's with that face? I know that face. It's your 'putting on my thinking cap face'. What's up?" Jake asked, sitting down next to Jeremy. Jeremy sighed and told him about the call. Just as he was finished, two more whistles were blown. Jeremy blew his in response, and soon Mochi and Ori were back. When they sat down, Jake told them about what had happened. 

"Bro that is so weird. Like a sci-fi movie or something." Mochi said.

"Mhm. Well that means one thing."

Jeremy, Jake, and Mochi looked at Ori.

"Either someone is controlling this place or this place is some sort of unnatural phenomenon." Ori continued.

"Well let's say it is man made, then the chances of an escape are more likely right?" Mochi suggested. "And if it was an unnatural fernonon, whatever it's called, then we should be able to find a way to break what's going on and go back right??"

" Well, if it was a PHE-NOM-ENON." Jeremy punctuated very loudly to Mochi, "Then when we escape we might not be able to get home. We could very well escape onto a deserted island or something, thousands of miles away from home. And if it is man-made then well, whoever put us here certainly wouldn't want us getting out wouldn't they?" He pointed out.

"Whatever it is, let's just keep moving." Jake said. They got up and continued their way. Soon darkness fell. They set up base at a nearby metal shelf as usual. They ate a little dinner, and then proceeded to sleep.