15. Making Friends!

Ice and I come to a mutual agreement to stay out of each other's way without really discussing it. We both just kinda do our own thing since he doesn't really need to be watching me at all times since he's always gonna be here for the foreseeable future.

Also, I do trust that he'll make sure I don't get like, kidnapped or anything 'cause this morning when I was having breakfast, a huge centipede was crawling on the floor and I screamed. He was there in like a minute, racing down, ready to fight. I pointed at the centipede trembling in fear, and he rolled his eyes before promptly crushing it with a broom.

He was scared too, I know this for a fact 'cause his hand was shaky and he hit it way more times than he needed to. But it's okay, I'll keep that between us since it's not very mafia-man of him to be scared of bugs.

Right now, I'm attempting to learn how to play the piano since there's a grand piano and it seems like a waste to just have it and no one use it. I will be honest, the youtube tutorials are not super helpful but I think I'm making progress.

I'm attempting to play twinkle twinkle little star for the forty-seventh time when Ice comes running down the stairs, pausing when he's almost at the bottom. He looks me dead in the eye as he pants.

Breathlessly, he says, "I am begging you to please stop."

"What?" I say, accidentally hitting the wrong key.

He winces. "Please, you're really bad at this and if I have to hear twinkle twinkle little star one more time I might shoot myself or throw myself from the top of the stairs, I haven't decided yet."

I look up at him, surprised that he's not as serious as Dante. "Sorry, my bad."

He nods, breathing a sigh of relief. "Some people just aren't musically inclined, and that's okay."

I snort. "Are you any better?"

He makes his way downstairs to the piano, and I slide off the bench standing at the side.

"I'm really not the best," he says, sheepishly, cracking his knuckles.

He then proceeds to perfectly play the piano without even thinking about it. I stand there, my jaw on the floor. When he's done, I clap, because he did a good job.

He bows slightly. "Thank you."

"When did you learn the piano?" I ask. If he's also from a mafia family, I wonder when he had the time to learn.

"My family and Dante's family placed a high emphasis on the arts," he says. "They insisted we all play at least one classical instrument, learn to dance properly, and are well read."

"Interesting." I say, leaning on the top of the piano. "How come I never saw you at Jefferson?"

He wrinkles his brows, "I didn't go there, I went to a private school."

"Why didn't Dante go there too? Aren't you both rich?"

"We are, Dante's richer though," He looks around, "I can't really tell you why he never came to the school I did, it's not really my place."

I throw my hands up in the air, "Well I guess I'll never know since Dante is Mr.Secrets."

Ice cracks a small smile at that, and stands up and stretches. "Anyways please don't attempt the piano anymore? Okay?"

"I guess so," I concede. I gave up on my piano dreams as soon as Ice showed me up so I guess I'll have to find something else to do.

"So, what do you do all day when you're here?" he asks, cracking his neck. "Don't you get bored?"