10. Pool Party

Authors Note: This was written a long time ago and I do NOT support Starbucks in any way , that's all :)

Before I know it, it's Wednesday, the day of my pool party.

I spent a small fortune on pool floaties and hours curating the perfect pool-party playlist. I also made sure the bar (which didn't exist to me because it was empty) is fully stocked with non-alcoholic drinks.

I made my friends party favors too as like, a thank you since I now have money to spoil them. I'm busy telling Ana how she's going to love my friends when the intercom buzzes.

Leo's voice echoes through the house. "Marty, your friends just arrived, I'm letting them in now."

I squeal and run to the door, throwing it open as they park in front of the fountain. All of them are staring at the mansion with their jaws dropped as they spin around taking everything in.

Samirah pushes her sunglasses on her head as she locks her car doors. "Marty, you never told us you have a fountain? That means Dante is like rich rich."

I grab her into a tight hug. "I missed you soooo much, oh my gosh, how was Turkey?" I hold her at arm's reach examining her.

The rest of my friends finally notice me, and the next few minutes are spent with us acting like stereotypical teenage girls who yell and scream when they see their friends.

Madison gives me an up and down look. "Oh no, you got rich and lost your good taste."

I spin in a circle for her. "You don't like my outfit?"

I'm wearing this hideous tropical print shirt that Uncle Felix got me as a gag gift over a cute orange bikini. I felt it really matched the pool party vibes and like, where else would I wear this shirt?

"Marty, that shirt is a crime against humanity, I want to burn it."

I laugh and throw an arm around her shoulder, ushering them inside.

I give them the grand tour, and they ooh and aah a lot. They also find it very interesting that Dante has an office even though he's like nineteen. They get along with Ana frighteningly well if I'm being honest.

It's so nice having my friends here, and while I do talk to them everyday, it's not the same as seeing them in person. If my summer was going the way it should've, I would've seen them like everyday in person.

Jocelyn perks up from where she's laying on a flamingo pool floatie. "Oh my gosh, you'll never believe this."

"What?" I automatically perk up at the mention of gossip.

"Remember Elton?"

I shudder at the mention of him. Elton wasn't like, horrible or anything. He was just one of those nice guys that aren't that nice and think they're entitled to whatever girl they're into.

Unfortunately for us, Elton had a crush on every single one of us at some point in high school, meaning that he'd like, follow us around moaning about how he'd 'treat us right' and how 'girls don't want nice guys'. He was lowkey embarrassing too because like, he'd do these elaborate public displays where he'd play his ukelele in the cafeteria serenading you and you'd have to reject him in public making you look like the mean one.

"How could we forget Elton," Madison says.

"He has a girlfriend now."

"What?" we all say in disbelief.

"How do you know?" Samirah asks. "I mean, it's Elton, he referred to all of us as his girlfriend at some point during high school. He only stopped because Mustafa and Matteo had to threaten to beat him up."