9. I be up in the gym just working on my fitness

Start from the beginning

I realize that I haven't done my laundry yet and I don't know where it is. I jog downstairs to find Ana.

"Ana," I call out.

She looks up from her book. "Yes my dear?

"Umm could you tell me where the laundry is, I wanna wash my clothes."

She waves me off. "No need, I do Dante's laundry, and I will do yours."

"Girl," I say. "I've been doing my laundry since I was like twelve, it'd be weird making someone do it."

She throws her hands in the air but ultimately relents and shows me the laundry room. I do my laundry, then she makes me lunch (she clearly meant it when she said that I'll never go hungry while she's around.

The movers show up to move the old furniture since the new stuff is coming in tomorrow. I decided that all the old, gray, monotone furniture can be donated since there's no need to sell it seeing as how I'm no longer lacking in funds. Most of it is going to various shelters throughout the city.

The house looks mad empty without the furniture, and Ana and I spend an embarrassing amount of time listening to our voices echo throughout the house. Ana is more than okay with me redecorating btw. She said that 'the gray house contributes to Dante's gray mood' but I think Dante is just like that no matter what.

Later on, I head down to the gym. I did end up hiring a personal trainer, his name is Avery and he starts next week, so I want to seem somewhat familiar with the gym equipment so Avery doesn't think I'm a total loser. Also, I'm wearing a super cute workout set and the mirrors here make for amazing mirror selfies.

I'm on one of those bike things when Dante walks in. I almost don't recognize him because he's in sweatpants and a t-shirt instead of a suit.

"What are you doing here?" I take a swig from my water bottle, mentally debating on whether I should leave or not.

He startles slightly, turning to face me. I watch him look me up and down, his gaze lingering on my legs (these leggings make them look so good).

"It's my house," he says, moving towards the weights. "Where is the furniture?"

I slap my forehead. "That's what I forgot, I was planning to tell you that I got rid of it," I say. The truth is, I didn't plan to tell him, I didn't think he'd even notice.

"What?" he asks.

"Yeah, the old furniture was lowkey kinda ugly, so it's gone and donated now and the new stuff's coming in tomorrow."

He stalks over to me because he can't walk normally.

"And you didn't think to ask if you could redecorate."

"No," I say in disbelief. "Since I'm the one at home ninety percent of the time, I think I can make the decisions about the decorations, 'kay?"

He frowns, but moves back to the weights. Time seems to slow down as he pulls off his shirt revealing his muscular tattooed back. I just sit there on my bike and watch.

I'm pretty sure I'm drooling as I ogle him. He's so hot, and I know for a fact that if he didn't have the personality of a wet sock, I'd be feral for him. Like on my hands and knees, foaming at the mouth. But, since he's the human equivalent of a paper cut, I am most definitely un-feral.

He notices me staring and gets a little uncomfortable, shifting on his feet. "Done staring?" he asks, folding his arms over his chest which makes his arm muscles flex.

"Nope," I say, still staring.

Normally, I'd stop staring if I knew it made someone feel uncomfortable, but since it's Dante, I don't really care. My eyes trail over his tattooed chest and I think I drool just a little bit. Tattoos are my weakness, like, they make guys so much hotter.