♡🅃🅆🄴🄽🅃🅈 🅃🅆🄾

“Hi.” I said plainly.

“How are you feeling?”

“Well rested.” I answered her question and said nothing else, just to show her that I didn’t want to talk.
“I am really sorry about the fight. earlier. It was stupid and cost you a lot of blood.” I was kind of shocked to hear her say that. I first thought I heard he wrong.

“Does this mean you are gonna leave my brother and Shayla alone to be happy?” I asked to make sure we were on the same page.

“Yeah. I thought about it. I was just lying to myself. As much as I want him, he has not broken up with her yet, and I shouldn’t try to ruin her relationship. She has done nothing to me. Why should I hate her?” I was glad to have my best friend back. I don’t like fighting with her. When she is on my side I feel like I have a chance to get my life back in order and just be stress free.

“Glad you got some sense in your head.” I joked and she chuckled.

“Yeah, well did you?”

“What are you talking about?” I frowned. Now was it me who did something wrong?

“When are you telling Jeremiah you like him?” Now I remembered that she was always shipping me with Jeremiah. It is a sign that I should be with him. I am no longer with Conrad, so what is stopping me? Oh, yeah. The fact that I left him for his brother when he was going through a really rough time. He probably wouldn’t want to be more than friends because when we are friends, that is when his heart is safest. Maybe if we were strangers it would be safer. It is a fact. And it makes me feel so guilty.

“When I feel like he won’t reject me.”

“But we both know he likes you.” We don’t know if he still likes me. We knew he did before but not anymore. Sure there is still some obvious chemistry between us, but that is not enough.

“Yeah, but he probably doesn’t trust me.” And I can’t even blame him if doesn’t want to give me another chance.

“You won’t know unless you tell him how you feel.”

***********
After a few days, my mother signed me out and I was let out of the hospital. I have not heard from the fishers in 2 days. Their mom was still in the hospital, and as much as I wanted to be there for them, I was not ready to face them.

But fate decided when I should see them and I was not able to hide for as long as I wanted to. I heard the doorbell ring and was confused as to who it could be because I was with Taylor in the kitchen so who else would come and see me.

I was surprised and at the same time not surprised to see Jeremiah when I opened the door.

“Hey.”

“Hi.” I greeted back. I haven’t seen him since that night in the hospital.

“So… have the doctor’s said anything yet?” I asked like I always do when I feel the tension between us.

“What is it that you see in my brother that you don’t see in me?” he asked ignoring my question. I guess he knew what he came for.

“What?” I was a little shocked. And had not fully processed his question.
“That’s what I wanted to ask the other night before he interrupted.”

*Short flashback.*

“And I know you know I am gorgeous.” I tried not to focus on my burning cheeks and put the attention on him. We gazed in each other’s eyes before we bust out laughing. I don’t know what we were laughing at, but it felt good to have my best friend back after a while.
“Can I ask you a question?”
“Sure, what?” he was about to speak but someone interrupted us before he could.
“Oh, you are awake. How are you feeling? What happened.” Conrad asked as he entered the room and brought more tension with him.

*End of Flashback*

“Oh…” I wondered what he was going to say before his annoying brother interrupted. A part of me wanted to throw a pillow at him and tell him to get out. I should have because then maybe me and Jeremy would be together now.

“I mean, he keeps hurting you, and I see him hurting you, and I just want to punch him so hard, and I spend so much time wishing you would just give us a real chance.” I wanted to squeak so much but I had to keep my cool.

“Jeremiah,” I wanted to tell him that I wanted to be with him, that I was done with his brother. That it was dumb of me to even give his brother a chance.

“No, let me finish. I’d never hurt you the way he repeatedly does. Maybe I would once or twice by mistake, but it would not be because I am deceitful or going behind your back. I don’t just like you Belly, I am in love with you. I have been for a while now an I just don’t get what it is that he has that I don’t. Tell me so I can get it, if that is what it would take to get you to choose. Me. I mean, I just- I don’t get it… why him?”