Chapter 7

"Oooh! This is soo cute!" Mona Vanderwal exclaimed holding up an ugly sweater. Hanna laughed. It was Saturday afternoon and Hanna and her good friend Mona were at the mall. Every time they went to the mall they would play a game on who could find the ugliest clothing piece in the store. However they would joke pretending they liked it.

"Ooh I love it!" Hanna joked, "but this is even cuter." Hanna said holding up this ugly jean skirt that went down to the ankles. It had weird bead detailing on it too. Mona laughed.
"You win. That's hideous!" Mona giggled.

The girls were tired of shopping so they went to the food court to eat. Both girls got a salad.

The girls were happily talking and eating when Hanna heard a familiar voice. She emediatly turned around and saw Mike waving from across the food court. Hanna bit her lip. She didn't want Mona to think it was weird that she was friends with him, but she didn't want to be rude either.

Hanna just gave him a small wave. To make things worse mike started coming over to Mona and her.

"Hey Hanna. You haven't texted me for a while you haven't forgot about me have you?" He asked her.
"Uh no I've just been busy." She lied.
"Yea, cause ur "so busy" going to the mall." He joked with a smile. Hanna bit her lip nervously and looked over at Mona who was eyeing Hanna and mike suspiciously.

Hanna gave Mona a "help me" look. Mona noticed. "Is there a reason why your here?" Mona asked curiously. Mike scratched his head. "Um not really I just thought maybe Hanna and I could go out again." He said nervously.

Mona looked shocked. "Again!? U guys went out?! Ew but sorry Hanna is not interested in a 10th grader." Mona said.
"MONA!" Hanna screeched.
"Oh um it's fine. I just... Uh see you around." Mike said upset. He then walked away.
"Mike wait." Hanna called but he didn't hear. "Why would u say that!?" Hanna was angry with Mona now. "Why would u go out with a 10th grader? Common Hanna I was helping you out." Mona insisted. Hanna crossed her arms "Mona that doesn't give you a right to..." But she was interrupted. "You don't seriously like him? Do u?" Mona asked. Hanna's angry expression was now kinda nervous and confused. She uncrossed her arms and sunk in her chair. "No of coarse not. Spencer, emily, and I were playing truth or dare and they dared me to go out with him." She lied.

Mona looked at her friend suspiciously but then believed her anyways. "See I helped u out. U would have had to go out with him again." Mona mentioned all proud. "Your welcome." She said with a smirk. Hanna sighed.

Okay great Mona thinks I don't like him, but not great mike is probably so hurt. What will I tell him. And oh no spencer and emily! What will I tell them?! I ruined the plan cause I was embarrassed to date him! Oh lord wish me luck.

{sorry I took so long to update. I love you all😊❤ have a good day/night.😂💕}