『𝘝𝘪𝘬𝘵𝘰𝘳 𝘛𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘬𝘰𝘷𝘴𝘬𝘺』

Trigger Warning! Yandere behaviour! Toxic Relationships! Slight NSFW! Mention of past injuries!

1.5k words | unedited | Yandere OC

"You know papa doesn't like it when we make a mess." Your eldest hushed his younger sibling. A finger to his lips and brows furrowed as he instructed them to not make a ruckus.

Had it been up to you, you'd have wanted them to make a mess. Make as many messes as their little hearts desired, be as loud as they could, even if your ears bled.

But you had little say on the matter. "A wife's duty was not to contest her husband." Or so your husband said as he insisted a nanny and tutors would do much better at raising your children than you ever could, he ensured you were as much a stranger to them than he was.

Just there to smile and fret over them when outside the privacy of your home and watch them ushered along by their nannies the moment you were home.

Your heart broke seeing how quickly your younguest stopped in his tracks. Trying his best to pick up the pieces of the ceramic he had broken, trying his best to help his older brother clean, not yet aware of your presence.

Creak.

You cursed the wooden floor as just a shift in your weight alerted them of your gaze. Eyes wide as their little faces drowned in utter dread.

"Mama?"

You couldn't think of what to say at that moment, the maids probably already heard the noise, they'd be here soon. So you remained silent, carefully kneeling as you picked up as many pieces as you could. Careful to throw them away, leaving as little proof of the accident as possible. Making sure you check both the boys for any injuries. While such a cleanup was futile, your husband meticulously had every last ceramic planned, it wouldn't take much for him to notice the missing ceramic if the maids didn't immediately inform him of it. You reckoned it was better than watching their faces filled with terror.

"Madam?" You couldn't help but jump at the maid who interrupted you, looking up to see her indifferent, if not slightly annoyed expression.

"I apologise, the young masters ran off before I could do anything." She said, snatching their hands right from yours. She said something about history lessons but you were far too lost in your thoughts by then to care. Your children both looking back towards you, one final time before the nanny rushed them along towards whatever their schedule had in place now. You weren't sure what to call the look in their eyes.

/

Dinner was always the worst. Every day, without fail at 7pm sharp, you'd all be gathered around a table. Food you were allowed no part in cooking, displayed skillfully in front of you, every last detail taken into account by the cook.

And there you would sit, in front of your husband who seemed more focused on the off placement of the cutlery than anything else, instructing the butler to deal with whoever was in charge of it.

Then polite conversation would take place. Your husband would ask about your day, your children's, their studies and what-not. Mention something about his own day as well if he was feeling talkative, just passing comments, really.

Back always arched straight and posture stiff, you mustn't take too big a bite, chew at least 30 times, elbows shouldn't be on the table... There, you did it again, got lost in your thoughts and drifted off to god knows where.

"You're slouching." It was Viktor's voice that brought you back to reality. So smooth and enticing but you knew better than to be deceived. A quick apology as you straighten your posture again, you didn't have it in you to look him in the eyes, not when his scrutinising gaze would be waiting for you.