23. slower than our grandfather

GIL POPS THE HOOD of Principal Nicholson's car, him and the rest of the T-Birds looking in

"Bingo," Gil smiles, looking over at Cynthia.

Jane, Nancy, and Angie all stand in front of the boys and Cynthia, trying to cover their removing of the principal's carburetor.

The three girls see McGee and all start doing distracting things. Jane dramatically coughing, Nancy meowing, and Angie opting for singing Sh-Boom by The Chords.

"What's going on here?" McGee demands, the T-birds (and Cynthia) all drop their tools as they turn around and the three girls rush to McGee, "What are you doing to Principal Nicholson's car?"

"It's—Its a long story," Angie says.

Jane tells her, "But it's to help get Olivia back in Rydell."

McGee sighs sadly, inspecting the scene laid out before her, taking glasses off, saying, "You know, I just need a new prescription for my spectacles. I can't seem to see a darn thing lately." She raises her eyebrows at the girls before walking away.

They all watch her leave, Potato waving behind. Angie looks at Gil, signaling for him to continue as Cynthia exclaims, "All right!"

~•~

ANGIE AND GIL lay in her bed, Angie's head on his chest. Ever since her birthday, Gil sneaks in at night, wanting to hold Angie as they sleep, wishing he could never let go.

"You make me really nervous, you know," Gil tells her.

"I do?" Angie asks, looking up at him.

"Oh, one hundred percent, I never know what to say around you," he smiles down at her, "I'm always scared I'm gonna mess up and you'll realize how strange and dumb I am."

"You may be a little strange, but you're not dumb, Gil," Angie tells him, "You're smart, just not in the same way I am. I mean, I'm good at school and you're good at, well, life."

"Thanks, Ang," Gil moves to sit the two up, leaning over to kiss her, "You're amazing."

~•~

MEANWHILE, Olivia looks at her wedding dress hung upon her mirror. She inhales deeply as she stares at herself before singing, "Brusha, Brusha, Brusha! Here's the new Ipana, With the brand new flavor it's dandy for your teeth! Brusha! Brusha! Brusha!"

"Here's the new Ipana!" Nathaniel sings with her as he enters through her window. Olivia gasps and quickly turns around.

"What are you doing?" She rushes over to him, hitting him with her pillow before covering herself with it.

"Hey!" He says, "You sound good. I knew you wouldn't talk to the girls, so I came to tell you. Gil's racing Buddy Aldridge at the track tomorrow, and if he wins, Richie comes back."