Firey smiled softly at her as she sighed, stood up and walked away.

She went to the bathroom and splashed some water on her face. It was quiet as she stared at herself in the mirror.

Was she being too harsh on him by making him sleep on the floor? Even though she had gotten him a comfier place to sleep she still felt bad, he was her husband after all.

She didn't know what he'd been through in the time he was gone, if he'd been through something horrific was she just adding to the things that affected him?

Her mind had finally registered that he was back and the chances of him leaving again decreased everyday but there was still a lingering fear in the back of her mind.

She wanted to be a good wife, she wanted to be there for him, she wanted him to tell her what the hell happened so they could get better.

She left the bathroom and walked to the living room where to her surprise, Firey was fast asleep.

Soft snoring came from the mattress and Leafy quietly crept over and kneeled beside the sleeping man.

Leafy watched his chest rise up and down, his heart beating in his chest, a sure sign that he was alive that somehow still brought comfort to Leafy that she wasn't insane.

Firey looked so peaceful under the blanket, his face void of any worry or stress, his muscles relaxed and his slightly ruffled hair made him look like a handsome, marble statue.

Slowly, she reached out and ran her fingers through his hair, repeating the motion as she took in his features.

"I want you to tell me everything one day, so I can help you deal with it," she whispered.

"I swear I'll help, I'll help no matter what you say,"

She placed a hand over her eyes to stop the tears from falling on the ground or on him.

"I love you and I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm pushing you away, I'm sorry I haven't kissed you yet, it's all too painful, I just don't know what to do," she said in a whisper that was barely heard by anyone except her.

"You've always been so confusing to me," she whispered.

Her shoulders shook as the silent sobs caused a pain in her chest, her breath hitched as she slowly moved away from him and stood up.

...

In her room, Leafy held Firey's Shirt close to her as she sniffled quietly into it, curled up in the fetal position, her throat making strange croaking sounds as she attempted to stifle her crying.

She was an idiot, she was crying over someone who was just one flight of stairs away, if she really wanted his comfort why was she forcing him to sleep alone?

She didn't know, she was just stupid. She wanted him beside her so badly but some ignorant part of her didn't let her.

She made this choice, it was because of her he was sound asleep in a crappy little mattress instead of holding her, what kind of wife did that to her husband?

He had quite literally come back from the dead and here she was being a cold bitch to him, if anyone else had been given a second chance with a person they loved, they definitely wouldn't do what she did.

What would happen if she crawled in beside him? Would he let her stay beside him? Or would be mad at her for "messing him around"?

The idea of his warmth was inviting, it promised safety and possibly, a night that she could sleep without waking up in the middle of it.

Just as she pushed her covers back, her bedroom door opened and she immediately lay back down.

She heard soft footsteps and suddenly Grove's little face was about a meter away from her.

"Grove, what are you doing up?" she whispered softly.

"I think I heard you crying, mama," he responded.

"Oh, no I wasn't crying, don't worry," she said assuringly. "You can go back to bed,"

"I want you to be happy, mama," he sniffed in a small voice.

"Aw baby, I am happy it's all okay," she smiled as she reached out a hand for him to take.

Her heart felt like it would burst as he held her hand and squeezed it gently.

"Do you want to go back to your room or do you want to stay here?" Leafy asked.

"Stay here," Grove nodded.

Leafy smiled at him as he clambered into the bed and snuggled in, he wriggled a bit until he was tucked comfortably against Leafy, his small arms hugging her as much as they could.

"You okay, Grovey?" she questioned.

Grove murmured in response, his eyes closing and he yawned.

Leafy held him close caressing his soft hair and finally found herself dozing off.

...

Outside the bedroom, Firey smiled as she shut the door happy he had finally done something right.

He closed Grove's door too before he snuck back downstairs and back to his mattress.

He stared up at the ceiling, feeling a lonely feeling in his chest that he couldn't seem to chase away.

He would tell her the things she wanted to know, he'd tell her all of it.

He wouldn't make her cry anymore, if she was going to be there for him he'd be there for her, those were the vows he had made.

And he wasn't going to break them.

Never again.
==============================

Leafy's such a cry baby gahddamn.

Hope you enjoyed that chapter!

XOXO
LeafCake