𝟏𝟓. | '𝐿𝑒𝑡'𝑠 𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝐴𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛'

"You already tired of working?" Amelia asked Andrew since she saw him layed on the couch of the attending room.

"No, I like to be here" he said sitting up. "It's just that I haven't slept at all this night because of my nephew" Amelia sat next to him with a coffee in her hands.

"I guess you need it more than me, so here's" Andrew took it smiling thankfully at her. She stroked his shoulder and then got up to go back to her patience. He really would have wanted to ask her about Nick and everything, but maybe it would have been such a stupid thing. It wasn't his business. But that feeling was killing him.
That was like a new life, and Nick was a part of it now. His relationship with Meredith too. Andrew couldn't do anything, he had been torn away from all this and now that he was back it was difficult to be able to feel like before.

After finishing his coffee, he decided to go out too, recovering himself to be able to face another day at best. He walked the corridors, couldn't help to notice Nick's presence again. He was still here, waiting for Meredith who had been interrupted by a call from her daughter.
This time Andrew decided to take the more mature choice for both of them, which was to ignore him and keep walking.

"Hey" apparently it was useless. Andrew stopped without turning as he heard Nick's voice. "Yes, you" he looked like he had no choice but to turn around and so he did. He walked over to the man standing by the chair where his daughter was sleeping.

"Do you work here?" Nick asked in surprise. The first answer that Andrew could have given to him would have been 'No, I'm wearing the scrubs with the name of this hospital cause I haven't any clothes, obvious I work here you idiot' but he decided to limit himself to being serious without arguing too much.

"What do you want?" he said.

"Oh if you didn't know just let me tell you that usually doctors cure injuries, without causing them" he pointed out the last sentence with a sarcastic tone.

"You're wasting my time" Andrew replied starting to get nervous.

Nick focused on the boy's name written on the lab coat. His intentions were to know who he was and why he gave himself so much airs, if he would ask him he was sure that he would never receive an answer. Then he could read, and for some reason he thought he'd heard that name before.

"Andrew DeLuca..." Nick muttered to himself trying to find something in his mind that could justify the fact it reminded him of something. Andrew looked at him confused not understanding what he was saying. Then Meredith came back after finishing the call.

"I'm sorry, I had to..." her gaze fell first on Andrew, then returned to Nick. "Well it was Zola, it's everything okay, so..." she motioned for Nick to follow her into her office so they could continue the interrupted conversation alone. It seemed like a big deal, there was too much stress in the air.

Andrew made room for Nick to pass keeping his gaze fixed on the two. Nick did the same, continuing to think as they walked away towards the office.

"What did you want to get from him?" Meredith asked him as soon as she closed the door.

"He's- Is he the guy?" Nick asked still elaborating.

"What are you talking about?" Meredith asked as she sat down on the desk.

"The guy, the one you dated before me, your dead ex boyfriend" he said sure of what he was saying. He had like a flash in his mind, he had finally managed to associate that name.

Meredith frozed at his words, sighing after a few seconds. After Andrew's disappearance Meredith had never talked much about it with anyone. She had limited herself to withdrawing into herself facing another pain alone.
With Nick she had mentioned him once or maybe twice, only when there was an opportunity, and obviously as everyone had come to believe she had told him that he died. But now it was hard to tell since Andrew was here, so before Nick started jumping to any conclusions, she decided to tell him everything. About the traffickers, the kidnapping and how he was now back.

It was a weird, confusing and difficult situation to understand, but Nick seemed to have managed to process everything. He reflected on every single sentence Meredith uttered, even starting to feel a little pity for that boy. He understood that from the first meeting with him he had made a mistake, he had provoked him without even knowing for sure who he was and what he had been through. And now Andrew had targeted him.
It was such a... shitty situation...

"Why didn't you talk to me about this before?" he asked her in a calm voice.

"I found out recently... it's been after our meeting in Minnesota... we didn't talk that much..." she replied.

Neither of them said anything else for a few minutes, then Nick approached the blonde woman in front of him, still lost in thought.

"Let's start again, Mer" he said catching her attention.

"What do you mean?" she asked confused.

"It's our occasion, I came here to tell you about this. We can move anywhere from Seattle, just you and I. I know I made a big mistake, I hate myself for it, I hate myself for having hurt you. But I love you and I need you…” he looked into her eyes “We need you…” he added at the end referring to her daughter.

"Wh-" before she could say anything he cut her off.

"We can build a wonderful life together, none of us will suffer, we will do what you want. You and Meredith, for the rest of our days" Nick insisted. Meredith looked at him skeptically, unable to form a sentence.
If she had succeeded, she would have told him it was crazy, that running away like this to try to fix something you're not sure you could fix was stupid, that she had people here who loved her and that she loved more than anything else, and plus his job. It was like if something tied her to that place.
In short, she could have answered him anything, using any motivation, but the only words she managed to utter were...

"I- I need to think"

A/n: Hoping for all my sweet readers you're liking and appreciating the story <3
AND I'M BEING INSANE, THANK YOU SM FOR 2.1K READINGS ILY'ALL LOVES!!! 💜❤️