𝟕. | '𝑊𝒉𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢?'

A/n: !!!

Finally after this long, almost endless journey, Meredith had arrived in Minnesota. She could already breath a different air from Seattle.
After the flight she had taken a taxi to go to the hospital where she would find Nick, she hadn't taken long, about twenty minutes. She got out of the car, gave the the money to the driver greeting him with a polite smile, she took her suitcase and headed towards the hospital entrance.

It was an almost unfamiliar place to her, she had seen it maybe two or three times. Besides, it certainly wasn't Grey-Sloan's level.
Since she was rather disoriented, she asked a nurse for information, who made her sit in a room to wait for news from Nick.
Not long after the same nurse returned.

"Doctor Grey" Meredith turned at hearing her name called, eager to see him again.

"Is he here?" she asked her.

"Really he's never came here, since the last journey..." Meredith looked at her confused.

"That's not possible... some weeks ago he received a call because a co-worker had an accident..."

"If you want I can check again, but our personal is ok, and doctor Marsh didn't come here..." the nurse tried to explain it to her in simple words since Meredith seemed quite skeptical.
She kept thinking 'why did he lie to me?' Until now he had been gone for a while, and where could he be? What did he have to hide from Meredith that was so bad?

"I'm sorry, do you want me to track him down?"

"No no, thanks anyway, now I have to go" she greeted the nurse politely and left the hospital.

The only thing she could do now was call him. She tried not to think the worst, but let's just say that given her experiences it wasn't exactly her strong suit. But if she could find out what was really going on, that would also explain her strange behavior and all of her sudden departures.
Now her mind would be able to devour her, all those thoughts going on...

She left the hospital taking out her cell phone in a hurry, dialed the contact and waited for his answer during all the rings. When she heard the answering machine go off, she almost wanted to throw it.

"Damn Nick, where are you?!"

~×~

Andrew opened his eyes and stretched. He had slept very well, this bed was so comfortable that he never wanted to get up again.
The sunlight that passed through the windows illuminated the whole room, he stood there for a while looking around to get used to the new place.
He got up, paying attention to his arm, still in pain, and walked towards the kitchen.

"Good morning" Sullivan greeted him while he was still concentrating on the stove.

"Good morning" Andrew replied rubbing his eye and seeming drawn to the food Sullivan was making.

"Have you slept well?"

"I've could sleep in that bed all the day" he sat down at the table. "I loved cook too, one day I could make you something of Italian"

"Oh yes, gladly" Sullivan turned to him smiling and bringing all the dishes to the table.

They had breakfast together, after which Sullivan had to get ready to go out.

"Okay, I don't know if Maya will come, but I think she's busy" he said to Andrew as he put on his jacket.

"Can I come to the station? Well, I think I'd be bored here..."

Sullivan looked at him thoughtfully.

"Well, if that's ok for you, come along..." seeing him try to act normal and try to have contact with the outside world again amazed him. They've never known each other very well, but he wanted him to reconcile as much as possible.