Chapter 17: The Demon Lord's Move

Topa Kingdom. The eastern area of the fortress city of Tormeus

- СP! Get in touch! СP, answer the call! - rattling a voice from the radio.

— This is CP, what do you have? — Neverov, departing from the wake-up call of the past days, answered the reception, from severe fatigue, he fell asleep right at the table.

— We have "Nosgorath" turned up, and with him under two hundred higher ones, we found them three hundred and fifty meters from the central square of Minas. He is very furious, he has already killed three cavalry squadrons.

- Berkut-1. Do not engage! Wait for our arrival, do you understand, over?

- Copy that, CP. Waiting for you, over.

The central square of Minas.

- Faster! Hurry up! Fall in line! - shouted orders to Elton, who was in charge of his squadron as a vanguard before the infantry arrived.

The knight's heavy cavalry lined up in a wedge and, at Elton's command, struck the spears of the higher orcs. The chopping began. The neighing of horses could be heard, the clang of sword strikes in the "dogfight," the cheering shouts and growls could be heard, and a real slaughter was taking place. One of the higher orcs broke the head of a horse with a pollex, and the knight who fell off his horse was finished off by other higher orcs.

- Turn around! Line up! Into the lances! - Elton roared and was one of the first to fly into the spears of the higher orcs.

Here he was dropped from his horse, how he did not break anything, remained a fluke of luck, an orc with a bardiche swooped upon him and began to deliver a hail of blows, from which Elton dodged, here catching the moment, he falchion of good metal, cut off the head of a higher orc. Again there was the sound of blades striking shields, shouts and roars.

Suddenly Nosgorath landed on the ground with a rumbling noise, forming a localized earthquake and a menacing roar:

- I have had of you insects! The infernal flames from the realm of Ur-Badur ascend over the heads of the wretched and burn them to the ground!

Demon Lord Nosgorath made a movement with his hands and a black haze began to envelop the Topa cavalry. Within seconds, most of the Topa's cavalry was gone. The horses, the men left only the remains of their armor and shadows on the molten stones.

In one of the abandoned buildings, which was higher than the others by exactly four floors.

It was here that the Berkut-1 sniper pair decided to make a lie-in, for from all sides the entire rich area and the central square of Minas could be seen.

- Holy shit, the thermal imager is going crazy. - Quietly commented the sniper of the group looking through the monocular of the thermal imaging scope at the VSSC "Vychlop". - Five thousand degrees, no less. So much for magic-blyagic, I wouldn't want to fall under such a handout.

- I agree. - Just as quietly answered his partner, peering through the binoculars. - I sent a progress report to headquarters. In case of danger, сut and run and go to the capital.

The sniper just nodded, not taking his eyes off the scope.

Royal troops arriving with reinforcements were shocked by the show of force deployed before them. Three regiments sent through Berngen were able to watch the complete defeat of Baron Elton's cavalry squadron. But that was not all, Nosgorath's palms began to fill with more mana and he loudly roar an incantation:

- The greatest God of the earthly firmament, Noor-Datar! Awaken your servant from the beginning. Awaken for me the protector of your bowels. Oh, Noor-Datar, send to this plane of existence, one of your most ancient and powerful servants. - Ur-Garon, hear my call! Arise from the solid earth and strike down my enemies with your anger!