Chapter 16: The Russians' First Battle Against Demons.

- Wha...what? - The Ambassador of the Kingdom of Topa dropped the letter sent by the King from his trembling hands. - No, it can't be... Gods...

The king has sent word that the Kingdom of Topa is on the verge of destruction. The demonic legions have almost captured the fortress city of Tormeus, but the warriors can't hold out much longer. King Rados XVI asks for help from all his allies. There is very little time left.

The ambassador could not quiet his tremors, he gathered his thoughts for a long time. When the ambassador calmed down, he picked up the landline phone and dialed the Secretary of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.

- This is 10-04, please connect me to Georgiy Borisovich. The situation is catastrophic.

Having received an affirmative answer from the secretary, the ambassador put the receiver back on, and with his arms around his head, sighed. After a while, the ambassador was called back and invited to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. There the ambassador told about the demonic beasts and the threat they can pose to the inhabitants of all continents. He also spoke of the messengers of the Supreme God and their help in the fight against the Ancient Sorcerous Empire. The ambassador was told not to worry and that the matter would soon be resolved.

***

Kingdom of Topa. The castle town Tormeus.

The eastern half of the beautiful fortress city, Tormeus, had been invaded by demons and turned into a horrible, hellish cloaca. In the streets, civilians were suspended in equal bunches. Topa's warriors' peaks had the heads of the defenders planted on them. Everywhere around every corner reeked of death, shit, and steamed meat. Cries, cries of agony, and the satisfied growls of demons could be heard. Girls, children, and the elderly were herded into one of the less intact town halls. Goblins chose a slave girl for orcs for carnal pleasures or for broth.

- It tastes good, doesn't it? - The goblin licked his rotten teeth and smiled at his vis-a-vis.

The second goblin stepped closer to the half-elf, and with a crooked, ugly dagger of human bone, cut through the rags on her. He looked her over, pulled her up by her hair, opened her mouth with his filthy fingers, licked and nodded: 

— This one to the owner, when he breaks she, then we will use it.

Both laughed eerily and tied the half elf to a wooden stick and carried her out of the town hall.

Another three goblins found another girl sitting with her back to the wall and her head in her lap.

- Hee-hee, look how... ruddy," the goblin squeaked, and put his paw on the girl's knee. - Mm-hmm, I want you to...

The goblin didn't have time to squeak. The girl sliced his throat; a fountain of blood burst from his neck, and the girl began stabbing in anger at his head, in his eye, and on his forehead; the whole face of the demon spawn was mutilated. With each blow, the girl's face was sprayed with the goblin's scarlet blood. The goblin, still alive, clawed its neck with its clawed paws and howled, and the rest of the goblins flocked to its scream. There were twenty of them, grinning, waiting for an opportunity to attack. The girl, covered in blood from head to toe, grinned in imitation of the freaks. One of the goblins lunged at the girl, waving a club twice his size. The girl dodged, and with a sharp lunge, she struck the freak in the eye. He screamed, and the stiletto, smeared with blood and grease, fell out of his hand. She broke his neck with a sharp movement, a short spasm, and the goblin stuttered. Picking up her stick and putting all her weight into the blow, she crushed the skulls of a second and a third. The goblins pulled away, one of them running out of the town hall. The girl stepped back, picked up her stiletto, and braced herself against the wall. Her gaze was dead, her breathing intermittent; the other inhabitants were already broken and made no attempt to help the girl. She didn't have time to regain her breath; the searing pain reverberated in her shoulder. She responded with a blow from her club dropping the fourth goblin and putting her weight into it, smashing his head as well. The fifth goblin jumped from somewhere on the side, and catching him by the paw, she threw him into the stone wall and finished him off with her club. She took out her steelyard and thrust it through the neck of the fifth goblin, touching the back of his head, her breath catching in her ears. My hands began to shake with aching, uncomfortable numbness, breathing in and breathing out. My eyes twisted, I heard a menacing growl, and something black came into the town hall; I couldn't make it out. Inhale, exhale, the black blur struck a long mace.A breath, a blow to the knee, the whining of the creature is heard, I did not have time to dodge the second blow, my arm was cut off.  I didn't have time to dodge the second blow; my arm was blown away. The vision cleared, the supreme orc in armor, that's it, that's the end... hit on the temple with the tip, didn't have time to dodge, darkness. A sense of pain brought the girl back to the world of the living, but not for long. The freaks began tearing at her clothes, giggling. No, not like that. She looked around. She found her stiletto under the goblin's corpse and, with sharp movements, first stabbed the most zealous one with the tip, then the blunted blade began to cut her neck, the warmth spreading across her neck, a pleasant feeling. And then it was cold, and there was darkness before my eyes.