34. A Life Reimagined

Start from the beginning

"I wanted to see if I could still use magic." He tells her. Hye Sun then gets up to pour him a glass of wine.

"You must be unbelievably troubled to be drinking, on top of that, with us," I tell him.

"It was a relief to have you two around." Woo Yeo tell us.

"Are you saying that to us right now?" Hye Sun asks him as he was always annoyed at Hye Sun whenever they talked to each other.

"Yes." He tells us. "I know you're concerned about me. You two disappeared, then showed up again right before my 1,000 year because you were worried about me. I know that. Thank you two for everything."

"Don't do that." Hye Sun tells him. "Don't say goodbye as if this is your last moment."

"Let me ask you guys for a favor." He asks us. "I'm going to share the truth with Miss Dam. So...If Dam seems to have a hard time after I disappear could you erase her memories using one of your Marbles?"

"Do you even hear yourself?" Hye Sun asks him angrily. "You know how hard it was for us to turn the Marble Blue. The Moutain Spirit is granting us one wish and you want us to use it for you? You know what? I've been saving that Blue Marble for a once-in-a-lifetime emergency just in case I have trouble with human society. Why don't you try to become a human instead? Don't give up until the end"

"I'll do it," I tell Woo Yeo. "I don't need the Marble anyway, I'll help you erase her memories."

Once Woo Yeo left our house, we knew the end was near. We both quickly rushed to Woo Yeo's house. When we had gotten there, we saw Lee Dam sitting on the floor. She was crying her eyes out and holding onto a piece of paper that Woo Yeo wrote for her.

"My sir disappeared." Lee Dam cries to us. "He was trying to save me. It's my fault."

"It's not your fault." Hye Sun tells her and I hugged Lee Dam to try and comfort her. "If anything we should blame destiny. Don't blame yourself.

"There's no such thing as destiny!" Lee Dam cries. "He promised he'd stay by my side. This is just not fair."

✺ 𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ ❊ ༚.

"Until when will you stay here?" I ask Lee Dam.

"Until he comes back." She replies.

"He's not coming back. He can't." I tell her.

"Now I get why he asked us this favor. He knew you'd be silly like this." Hye Sun says.

"What do you mean by 'favor?' " Lee Dam asks us.

"He wants us to use our Marble to erase your memory of him. This is the final decision he made after living 1,000 years." I tell her.

"He wants you to be happy even if you don't remember him at all." Hye Sun says and Lee Dam starts to break down again.

"No." Lee Dam tells us as the Marble started glowing. "I don't want to forget a single moment. Even if I have to be heartbroken for the rest of my life and even if I can never see him again."

✺ 𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ ❊ ༚.

"Congratulations." Hye Sun and I say as the five of us clung our glasses together.