Chapter 3

MATTHEO

I woke up the next morning by the sounds of the shower. I hate to share the room with my brother. I am not a morning person but since Tom always wakes up earlier than me, I had to do the same. That's why I always sleep during class.
Tom gets out of the shower fully dressed and I stand up from my bed. I stretch and walk towards the bathroom. I take a shower and when I'm done showering I wrap a towel around my waist and go out of the room, to find Tom reading with a cup of tea next to him.

"Did you make one for me?" Without looking up from his book he says.
"Why should I? You have hands"I rolled my eyes and went back to the bathroom to get dressed. Then I finished getting ready and went back to the room. I look for hot water and I serve some in a cup to make me tea.

"Don't bother I have yours here" Tom says not looking up from his book. I smiled and went to grab my cup of tea. He knows how I like it. He made me tea since I was a child. When we were sad he liked to make tea and I liked to drink it. He even knows how to cook. Very talented my brother is.
"Thank you" I take a sip of my tea and then place it on top of the night table. I grabbed my guitar and started to play.
I play almost every morning to start my day in a good mood.

"What song is that?" Tom asked still reading.
I take a sip of my tea and then say
"Dust in the wind by Kansas" Tom smiled and looked at me.
"Very depressing"
"It's relaxing"
"Depressing"
"Relaxing"
"Mhm," I rolled my eyes at his attitude and kept playing. After two minutes he spoke
"I talked to that girl you mentioned many times before" he closed his book and focused on me.
I kept playing.
"So?"
"Since when do you know her?"
"Second year," I say my eyes closed listening to the music I was playing.

I heard Tom standing up from then I felt my guitar being pulled away from me
"Hey!"
"Focus on me! It's not polite for you to do other things when I'm talking to you"
"You were reading when I was talking to you!"
"Shut up and listen..." I groaned but obeyed. He was my family he educated me. He was like my parent. Only that he was a kid educating another kid. He did his best with me. I think.
"As I say I talk to her and I think there is something you should know." I frown but listen
"What is it?" Tom looked down and said
"She doesn't like you"

I laughed. Why would he say that to me?
Did he think I liked her? Never in a million years. Cherry, it's my friend. A girl I hang out and smoke weed with. She is fun, smart, kind, and beautiful. But I can't see her that way. At least that's what I feel now

"I don't give a fuck" I smiled and he gave me the look of 'Change your language
"Okay that's good... because I'm planning on hooking up with her" he stood up from my bed and I sat there mouth open and confused
"Excuse me?" I say standing up
"You heard me, She is good-looking and since you two don't feel anything for each other I can be with her" I took a sip of my tea.

Relax Mattheo. Relax.

"You can't do that. She is not the type to do hookups. Sorry brother" Tom chuckles
"How would you know?" I didn't know but I didn't want my brother with her. She is way too much for him. She deserves someone who will make her laugh and give her a good time.
"I just know her. Unlike you, that you don't know shit about her" Tom smirked
"I've fucked her already. Before I knew she was your friend. I want to do it again. But if you felt something for her I was going to stop. Since you say you don't feel anything I'll do it."

Fuck.

"Okay yeah go for it," I say pretending that I wasn't bothered at all. I sat back down and started to play again. Ignoring everything I was feeling right now.
"Mattheo if you don't want me to."
"No, it's fine! It's only a hook-up. It's fine you two won't last anyway" Tom frowned and crossed his arms in front of his chest
"What's that supposed to mean?"
I stopped playing and looked at him in the eyes
"I just know you. And you won't have something serious with her. Or anyone for that matter. So I'm not worried. I'll be there for when you break her heart. I'll be the one to comfort her"

"You think I'm incapable of having a serious relationship?"
"I don't think. I know you're not capable of such of thing"
"I can have something serious with her!"
I glared at him.
"No! And if you try something like that with her I swear Tom I'll-."
"Why do you care you don't like her!"

Shit, that's true. But I feel this worry and jealousy of imagining them together. Or Cherry with another guy. Why? I don't know

"Whatever... see you in class"
I left the room and went to the library. I didn't feel like getting breakfast not after knowing my brother wanted to be with Cherry. She can't be with him. She deserves someone who won't leave her once they get bored of her. I don't think I could ever get bored of her. She is amazing.
But my brother!? No no no. Not in a million years.

I won't let him be with her and I'll do anything to prevent it. Don't worry Cherry I won't let him break your heart.