"..."

"What a nice girl... it's unfortunate what's going to happen to her soon..."

I walk up to my house and get my keys out, taking a deep breath and exhaling before putting the keys in and turning.

I unlock and open the door, just barely walking in before immediately hearing the arguing and yelling coming from inside one of the rooms somewhere in the house.

I turn and continue down the hall to my room. "Always arguing, always arguing..." I mutter to myself

I open my door, close and lock it behind me as I drop whatever I'm holding or have on me and plop myself down on my bed. I'm a little damp but it's alright, I don't mind.

Honestly, It felt like heaven after the day I had, it was already going poorly but even more so after what Ms. Inma said. Challenges, worries, troubles, decisions.

Oh, it was just what I needed to hear after a terrible day. But... it's fine I suppose, it made her happy to read those cards so I guess it wasn't too bad. Just, a little odd.

I make myself comfortable and quickly fall asleep as the rain softly hits my window creating a peaceful lullaby.

It's dark and quiet. It feels so... peaceful.

"Chirp chirp"

I open my eyes to find myself lying on a green grassy hill. "What the?" I blink a couple of times before I look around "What's going on? Where am I?" I start to feel a sense of intense confusion slowly build up as I try to figure out where I am.

I rub my eyes to try and rid myself of my drowsiness. I slowly begin to lift myself off the ground but I notice something silver next to me and pick it up.

"What?" I half-whisper to myself as I look at it. A pocket watch? Here? Strange. I examine it carefully, round, smooth, shiny, and with a small half circle exposing a part of two gears.

Interesting.

I stick it in one of my pockets and take a look around, I see that I'm surrounded by trees as far as the eye can see, a forest or, woods if you prefer to call it that.

I have no idea what to do. I take a deep breath and exhale "OK ok, let's see, I'm on a hill. Is, this a hill? It- it doesn't matter, I'm in the middle of nowhere... but, I just went to bed... am I dreaming?" My heart begins to slowly speed up in excitement.

"I must be, right? I mean... unless I was kidnapped but I don't think that's possible, right? It wouldn't make sense, I'm nothing special I have no real value so... I must be in a dream" My breathing starts to pick up rather quickly.

I breathe in and out slowly to calm my excitement as I roam the hill thing I'm on, taking a few steps this way and that way while looking out into the distance, and to my surprise, I think I see something!

"Is that? Is it?"

I stand on my tip toes and I try to get a better view. It's a clearing! "A clearing! That's good! There's probably something there that can help me!"

I take a step forward and squint my eyes. In the clearing is a building! It looks ancient, but I'm sure there are people near. "If I go to that building I'll be able to find out where I am and what to do!" I keep looking out into the distance a little relieved but my breathing becomes a little shaky.

"Right?"

I feel a drop of doubt in me but it quickly disappears just as fast as it came.

"Tick tick tick"