p a r t f o u r t e e n

March 2nd, 2019.
St Louis Anaheim
— — —

"Well look at that, congratulations!"

I had passed my last test, meaning I only had one more (probably the most important), and that wouldn't be for another couple months.

"Spring break is coming up for you, isn't it?" Vince asked, setting his phone up in front of him.

"Mhm," I nodded, "sometime this month, I'm trying to schedule an appointment in St Louis, so if I'm there, I wanna go to a couple games."

He hummed and nodded, "you definitely should."

"When's your next test?" He asked, switching the subject. "Not until the end of May, possibly the beginning of June, nobody is positive yet." Shrugging, I stood up and sighed, continuing.

"If I don't pass this one, I fail the class. I don't want to do another four years of this bullshit."
I breathed a laugh and shook my head.

"You'll pass, I know you will," he nodded, "there won't be another four years. You'll finish, and you'll be back on the ice before you know it."

I couldn't help but smile, "you're right, I have nothing to be worried about," I shook my head, "I've been doing great, why would I fail now?"

"Mm, don't get too cocky, you'll probably end up dumbing it down for some guy." He said, obviously joking.

"Right.. I'm too pretty to dumb it down."

"You can't be smart and pretty." He laughed, making me gasp, "what am I then?"

"E.. x.. ception!" He smiled, giving up.

"I think you just proved your point about being smart and pretty." I laughed.

"Which one am I?" "Pretty," I shrugged, "you got the looks, I definitely got the brains." I nodded.

We just laughed, knowing we were just messing with each other.

"Alright, alright.. I hate to end this but the guys wanna go out to celebrate and I just wanted to call you before we left." He sighed.

"Well thank you, and congratulations on your win." I smiled.

"Thank you, I'll call you later, alright?" "I'll be looking forward to it, have fun with the guys."

"You have fun too, with.. whatever it is you're doing." He laughed. "I will," I giggled, "bye Dunner."

And he paused, I could feel the smile on his face as he said- "bye Mickie."

— — —

I decided to watch the highlights from todays game, even though I had already watched it start to finish. Rewatching couldn't hurt, especially since they won.

By the time it had ended, my phone went off, causing me to stand up and make my way to the kitchen, where I had left it.

I picked it up and saw a message from an unknown number. It immediately sparked my interest and I opened it.

(***)***-****

Hey!

Is this McKay?

It is

Can I ask who this is?

It's Nick!