p a r t n i n e

December 27th, 2018.
Seattle St Louis
— — —

"Alright Sammy, we'll see you later."

Vince yawned, saying goodbye.

"We'll see each other in like four hours, but get some sleep." Sammy laughed and gave us a hug. "Mhm, you too." I nodded.

He got in the uber and waved goodbye, leaving Vince and I standing there by ourselves.

It was almost 5am, the guys had to be at the arena in about ten hours, so Vince and I decided to go back to our place and get a few hours of sleep.

We bought a place together after I got drafted for the 2016-17 season. We got drafted a year apart, but made our debuts the same night.

We quickly realized we had a lot in common, and we became best friends immediately.

So when we both found ourselves looking for a place to stay, we decided to just buy a house together. Which has now turned out to be one of the greatest decisions I had ever made.

— — —

I sighed and climbed in my bed, facing towards the wall as I pulled the blanket over me.

I heard a small knock on my door and I groaned, rolling back over before seeing Vince standing in the doorway.

"What's up?"

"I just wanted to say goodnight, and sleep well." He shrugged, walking into the room.

"Mm, well goodnight." I breathed a laugh, facing towards the wall again.

He didn't leave however.

He just walked around my around, touching objects I forgot I had, looking at the pictures on my wall, doing whatever he could, just to be annoying.

"Vince.." I sighed, "why are you still in here?"

"Mm, I don't know." He shrugged.

"Stop walking around my room," I giggled, "at this point, I don't even care if you sleep in my bed, just stop walking around and touching everything."

I said that as a joke, but he took it quite literally.

He bit back a smile and climbed into my bed, pulling me back, into his chest.

"You have your own-" "You said you didn't care, as long as I stopped walking around."

"I did say that." I sighed, giving up. "I'll admit my defeat." I nodded and turned towards him, laying my head in his chest.

"As you should." He mumbled.

— — —

"Alright, I have good news and bad news." Medical staff walked in, smile on her face.

I was currently at the arena, being seen by our medical staff to get another update.

"Of course, give me the bad news first." I nodded. "You're not cleared for the games." She shook her head, setting the papers down and leaning against the small counter.