p a r t e l e v e n

December 31st, 2018.
New York St Louis
— — —

"Well.. it's okay."

I mumbled as they walked into the locker room.

Just a couple days ago, they lost against Pittsburgh, 6 - 1. All they talked about the next day was how much they needed to work on, and how much more they needed to focus.

Yet here they were, coming off of a 2 - 1 loss, against the Rangers.

"Well shit."

Sammy mumbled, shaking his head as he sighed.

"It's only eight, we can't let this ruin the rest our night." Shaking my head as well, I looked at all of them.

"She's right." Vince shrugged, "I know we lost, but it's still New Years, let's end this year on a good note, even if we couldn't get that win."

The guys nodded, silently agreeing with him.

We had all decided that they would go home after the game and get changed, and then meet at Vince and I's place for the New Year's party.

Why they picked our place, we're not sure, but we went with it. We usually threw the parties at our house anyway, so it wasn't a big deal.

— — —

"Don't fucking break that!" I rolled my eyes, taking the picture away from Sammy and Tyler while they just laughed.

I looked at the frame, seeing the picture that Vince and I took the night we met, feeling the memories come back. I held the picture close to my side and maneuvered my way through the crowd of people.

When I saw Vince, I hid the picture behind my back and continued walking up to him, smile on my face.

He was standing beside Ryan O'Reilly, deep into a conversation, his eyes went wide and Ryan just nodded, laughing.

I walked up and stood beside him, not wanting to fully interrupt the conversation they were having.

Ryan pointed at me, looking at Vince and nodding towards me, Vince turned his attention away from him, and looked at me.

"How's it going gorgeous?"

I smiled, "good, look what Sammy found." I handed him the picture and watched his reaction.

"I see this picture like six times a day," he laughed, "it sits at the bottom of the staircase."

"What is it?" Ryan asked, causing Vince to show him. "Ohh, that's the night you guys met huh?"

We both nodded, looking back at the picture.

"Cute," he handed it back, "who found it?" "Sammy, he was throwing it to Tyler." I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

Vince laughed, "of course he was, put it upstairs for now, so it doesn't get broken." He nodded.

"Alright," I nodded as well, taking it back, "either of you know what time it is?" "Half hour 'til midnight." Ryan replied.