9- conscious

tw: mention of being drugged, and mention of sexual assault. skip if needed.

I BLINKED a few times and realized I was outside. I saw Tom yelling at security guards. Bill and Melanie were down on the ground above me. They both were shaking me. I could hear echoes of the two crying out, "Leni please wake up, please don't be dead."

I was starting to regain consciousness. The last thing I remember was what happened in the bathroom. My eyes opened fully, and I sat up. Bill and Melanie hugged me.

All I could manage to say was, "What the hell happened?"

Tom came over to me, "Leni are you ok? You might need to go to the hospital, do you want me to drive you there?"

The pieces finally started to come together.

"I'm fine," I reply.

"You're not fine. You hit your head badly. We need to get you to a hospital now," Tom said.

"I'm fine. I'm just super thirsty. Can we just go back to Melanie's house?" I say.

I tried to stand up but fell. That's when Bill and Tom picked me up and we entered in a cab.

Tom Melanie and I crammed into the backseat while Bill sat in the front and directed the driver to Melanie's house. I was starting to feel really tired, and that's when I put the pieces together. Jack had drugged and attempted to assault me.

I leaned my head on Tom's shoulder. I know I didn't like Tom, but I really didn't even give a shit right now. I was so exhausted.

A few seconds later, I felt his head rest on mine. My eyes shut and I dozed off. Why did I feel so comfortable with him?

I woke up, and we were outside Melanie's house.

"Tom I don't want to walk," I mumble.

He rolled his eyes, "I'll carry you. Come here."

He picked me up and carried me over his shoulder.

"I didn't mean like that you idiot! Put me down!" I shout.

Everyone laughs.

He puts me down and I laugh.

"Come here and I'll carry you the right way," he says.

Tom holds me like a baby, and we enter Melanie's apartment building.

I felt super peaceful and safe in his arms. It was almost like nothing could get me, and I would just be protected by his touch forever.

We entered the elevator, and I decided to close my eyes.

TOMS POV:
I held Leni tight in my arms. I wasn't the type of guy to catch feelings for a girl, but man she was gorgeous. Inside and out.

She was worth a million dollars. Maybe more.

I glanced down at her beautiful face, and observed it. It was now stripped clean of the makeup from earlier in the night. Her natural features were better than her makeup. Her hair was long and now wavy from the summer air. Her face was perfectly symmetrical, and her nose was like a button. Her beautiful eyebrows were a little disheveled, and her lashes were dark and long. She had the cutest birthmark right above her lip. Her lips were a perfect little heart shape. She looked so peaceful, I didn't even want to wake her up.