4- clubbing

I MET with Tom outside of the venue. With him were his band mates. His brother Bill, Gustav, and Georg. They all are very nice.

"You guys did great tonight!" I say.

They thank me and we chat among ourselves for a bit.

"Ich habe ein auto, das uns jetzt abholt. (I have a car coming to pick us up now)."

We all are excited to go clubbing tonight.

I enter the large van, and of course Tom sits right next to me.

There's a slight awkward silence between the both of us.

"Is it your first time clubbing Leni?" Bill asks.

"Yes. I've lived in the states for so long that I've never been allowed to go into clubs," I say.

"Well thats shitty," Georg replies.

I laugh, "I've wanted to come back home for so long. I think I'm going to stay here for a while."

"You should. We live here most of the time, and sometimes we stay in our house in Los Angeles," Tom says.

"I live in Los Angeles as well. My mom and I stay there most of the time for my career. I haven't been to Germany since I was 14. I spent a lot of time here, but then my career took off and my lifestyle changed," I say.

"That sounds a lot like us. We started traveling so much we're barely in Germany anymore," Tom replies.

"I think I'm gonna stay here for a while," I say smiling.

Tom looks at me with a smile.

I text my manager, letting her know that I'm gonna be out for the rest of the evening.

It was around 11, and the clubs just started opening.

Tom told the driver to drop us off at Berghain, which was a very fancy club. It was one of the best in Berlin. It's quite known that Berghain is extremely difficult to get into. However, a lot of famous people got in quite easily. I was still stressing a bit because I didn't want to embarrass myself. Many celebrities would be there meaning that paparazzi would be all over the place, and I don't want to be on the front cover of magazines for getting kicked out of a club. 

We walk up to the front. My palms started to sweat, and I felt my stomach turn. I just stood with Tom, and he grabbed my hand.

"Why are you so nervous? Calm down, you'll be just fine," he explained.

"What if I don't get let in?" I ask.

"Just play it cool. Act super nonchalant and they won't say anything," he replies.

I nodded, taking a big swallow and letting out a breath.

We finally get to the front, and the bouncer looks at us.

"Sie sind Leni Meier? (Are you Leni Meier?)."

"Ja, das bin ich (Yes that's me)," I reply nervously.

"Meine Tochter liebt sie, könnten Sie das für mich unterschreiben? (My daughter loves you, could you sign this for me?)."

I smile, "Ja, natürlich! (Of course!)."

I sign the paper, and he lets us all in.

I high five Bill and we enter the club, calmly.

"See, I told you everything would be just fine," Tom yells over the loud music.

I smile, "well since you've been so sweet, do you want me to buy you a drink?"