animal clinic

Começar do início

"Okay. You know, that really doesn't look like anything some echinacea and a good night of sleep couldn't take care of." Stiles says, his eyes are watering with disgust and uncomfortableness as he stared at the wound.

"When the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me." The a hale panted out.

"Oh." Ryder smiled from her place by the door.

Stiles scoffs, " 'Positivity' just isn't in your vocabulary, is it?"

Austin rummages around the room, hoping to find something that'll help the man. He wanted to voice his concerns of how and why something he grew up thinking was fictional was sitting in front of him. However, he didn't want to be seen as weird since no one else thought anything of it.

Ryder kept her distance from Derek, silently watching as Austin moved around the room, looking for what? She didn't know. What she did know, though, was that this was his way of coping with the fact that the supernatural exists. She knew that he didn't take their conversations with Scott and Stiles to heart until now. Him seeing a werewolf in front of him seemed to set him off in a way.

The only way she could get to Austin was to brush past Derek, she was aware that if she so much as got the smallest scent of Derek near her, then her father would have her head. So, with a sigh, she waited until he glanced in her direction to signal for him to come her way.

"If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time - Last resort."

"Which is?" Stiles asks, head turning to Derek.

"One of you is gonna cut off my arm."

"Excuse me?" Austin frowns, clearly not fond of the idea.

"Oh, God."

•••

It had been about five minutes of Stiles putting the saw against Derek's arm and taking it away last minute.

While Ryder found the situation funny, she knew it shouldn't be taken lightly. Derek could die, not that she cared much. It wasn't like he felt bad knowing her mom was sick because of his family's issues.

"Oh, my God. What if you bleed to death?"

Derek sighs, lifting his head to reassure the Stilinski, "It'll heal if it works."

"And if it doesn't?" Austin wonders out loud, earning a glare from the werewolf.

"He no longer has an arm." Ryder chuckles.

Stiles groans, "Ugh. Look - I don't know if I can do this."

"Why not?"

Ryder could tell that the man was getting irritated with the stalling.

"Well, because of the cutting through the flesh, the sawing of the bone, and especially the blood!"

Derek scoffs, "You faint at the sight of blood?"

"You'd be surprised at how many people do." Austin mumbles, his words going unheard by everyone except Ryder, who glanced at him with a soft smile.

"No, but I might at the sight of a chopped - off arm!"

"All right, fine. How about this? Either you cut off my arm, or I'm gonna cut off your head." Derek threatens, Ryder rolling her eyes at his words. The girl removes herself from near the door, picking around at anything that didn't look too bad to touch.

"Okay, you know what, I'm so not buying your threats any—", His words are cut off by Derek reaching forward and grasping him by the shirt, "Oh, my God. Okay. All right, bought, sold. Totally. I'll do it. I'll do it."

Derek moves away from him to throw up, Ryder scrunching her face.

"That's disgusting."

"He can't really control it." Austin reminds her in a soft voice, his eyes snapping to Stiles as he groans.

"What? What are you doing? Holy God, what the hell is that?"

Derek pants, "It's my body - Trying to heal itself."

"Well, it's not doing a very good job of it."

"Now. You gotta do it now." His heavy breaths are directed towards the pair who stand a little ways away from him.

"Oh, no thank you." Austin denies, putting his hand out to bring Ryder behind him, "We're good. Stiles can do it."

Stiles shakes his head, "Look, honestly, I don't think I can."

"Just do it!"

"Why are you shouting?" Ryder mumbles.

"Oh, my God. Okay, okay. Oh, my God. All right, here we go!"

"Stiles?"

"Scott?"

Scott rushes through the doors, his eyes landing on Ryder and Austin who are stood near the window, then moving towards his friend who has a saw against Derek Hale's arm, "What the hell are you doing?"

"Oh, you just prevented a lifetime of nightmares." The Stilinski let's out a huge sigh of relief.

Austin stood with a neutral look on his face, not really knowing how to react with everything going on. On one hand, he was a little freaked out that he was in the presence of a dying werewolf, and on the other he was a little excited that he was in the presence of a dying werewolf.

He looked over to notice that Ryder looked pretty bored at the sight of Derek writhing in pain in the floor. Moving closer, he feels her jump at the feeling of his hand brushing against hers.

"You ready to go?"

Austin didn't see it, but Derek's head snapped in their direction at the question. Knowing she technically wasn't allowed to speak with him, he watched the girl leave with a frown on his face.